• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Self-imposed moratorium is over...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

tennesse plays two freshman qbs

to start banks again(when he has other able body qb's on the bench) would be professional suicide for leavitt

i thought banks could run the offense and was led to believe thatt.I didn't think he was  one of the worst  qb's in the country

about sacking it up-does that mean to stop complaining and criticizing?we did that with seth G

there is something terribly wrong with our offense

instead of bringing in a ton of  rbs we should have recruited 5 more qbs and keep changing them until one knows how to complete a pass beyond the down marker

* Earth to smazza....Tenn starts two 5-star, All-American QBs. USF starts two kids that were last minute pickups at QB.

* banks and julmiste are both equally as terrible, starting either one of them based on your rationale would be professional suicide.

* leavitt didn't mislead anyone. What is he going to say..."yeah both our guys suck?"

* in case you haven't notice we have not been able to recruit any QBs until this season.

* also...in case you haven't figured it out, all those running backs we collected in the off season are going to have to be how we win games.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Can you say Andre Hall.  I will keep saying it but he is the man.

Can he play QB?

;)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Markey  Only if he can hand off to himself LOL.  I can hear the announcer now - Hall hands off to Hall who laterals back to Hall who thows a swing pass to Hall for a pick up of 7 by Hall.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

will anyone notice if we just put Fisher in Banks' jersey?   ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

and while I'm at it......what about Kraky?? ....and the on campus stadium ??.....I waned to get it all out there.....

(yes, I know Kraky is no longer with us, just being acerbic)

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I guess my only real question is did the QBs miss the receivers or WRs drop balls or offensive line not give protection ?  Or all of the above ?

QB's missed the receivers.  Banks had his usual happy feet and telegraphic passes and Pat just didn't seem ready to come in.  He needed a little more warming up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I agree with Biens assessment for several reasons. The spread was very effective under the proper conditions/situations. Those being a smallish OL, a QB with wheels and a good arm, and a stable of RBs. It did its job and got us plenty of wins while all those elements were true.

Now we have an experienced and larger line who can run block as well as pass block. Let's use this and stop taking silly chances on 3rd and 2-- get the first down! And keep running until they stop you cold on the run.

As for anyopne who feels like getting Gachette in there--- well-- the one thing that the Tenn QBs have on Gachette (beyond perceived talent) is that they came to school early and learned the new system very quickly. Our scheme is overly complicated but easy to defend (as Bien shows in his examples). Gachette may be able to run the old spread, but I would question putting him in toa hostile environment like USC. It would have made a lot of sense to let him get some reps against TTU though. Let's face facts-- Gachette needs to start playing some this year. With all the stud QBs (Denson, Groethe, and Hill) already slated to be here (and who knows who else might jump in)-- wasting a redshirt this season seems fairly illogical to me. Even if you don't have him play QB-- you could mix stuff up by flanking him and opening a new pass option. Yes-- gimmicky but what the hell. The guy seems like a fine athlete so let him try to help out. Is it the best answer to the PJ/RB debate? Not at all-- one of them will have to step up and the coaching staff will need to retool our offense if we are going to get better production. The phrase "put in your work and you'll see the production on the field" doesn't apply when you put the wrong people in the wrong situations. This isn't simply a performance issue-- it is a general offensive scheme that has failed the past two seasons. Had we simply run  the ball every down last Saturday, who knows how we would do. I know the SC defense would have been on the field longer and ours off. That alone should be a good reason. We very easily could have burned clock like crazy that game but kept trying to pass. The turnovers that resulted killed us and the TOP was also killing our D.

Like I said after the spring game-- we need a two back set. The comments about huddling up-- hell yes-- why not. The defense is not concerned with getting their team in to play anymore. The way we lollygag with the no huddle VERY CONSISTENTLY never catches any defense off-guard. Simple fact-- we call the play in from the sideline-- line up--- look at the defense-- adjust somewhat-- then see the defense doing exactly the same thing-- playing the second adjustment. We are an easy team to read.

That said-- there is no reason to throw in the towel just yet. The game was a real downer--- but like any game, whether the score is 34-3 or 7-6, an L is an L. DId anyone expect us to win this game--- I mean seriously after seeing our performance last week? I sure didn't and USC's game versus Georgia was a huge indicator that they have a solid team. So don't let this one payday game (and that's what it really was-- sad but true) get you down. We have plenty of time to improve this season. We just have to hope the coaches start being more realistic about what will work on offense (and in turn help out our defense).  Lots of people used to ***** about the Bucs crappy offensive output these past few years-- with the exception of the Super Bowl year. But the Bucs offense did one thing right quite often-- they took few chances, they turned over the ball infrequently, and they ran the ball and worked the clock well, despite not scoring much.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cb-don't earth to me I know the game of football.

i know a screw job when i see it

we were  told banks and julmiste could get job done

the scheme is qb good qb dependant

you can buy the excuses all you want but i won't

this team is not as advertised

the spread doesn't need a stable of rbs.the spread needs one back that rarely gets the ball

all is not lost  but pleas edon't try to bs the fans anymore

come clean and straighen out mess

a.get rid of OC

b.change offense

c.be honest with fans