• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dish Network

BULLO12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

I am having the Dish Network installed.  Anyone else have this service and how is it for USF sports coverage??

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I experienced it for a few months when I was living with my Uncle looking for a post college home.

It's not terrible.  I shied away from it in my house for fear that a bad storm could come over head during a game and it would cut out.  It was rarely a problem at my uncles, but the potential during a crucial moment in a USF game was frightening.

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I've had it for a couple of years, never had any problems with storms till two days ago when it crapped out during the best soccer game of UEFA08. As for USF coverage I saw every game that was broadcast last year. HD is great too.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I had it for a couple of years and liked it ok. A couple of factors made me switch back to cable (which I hate by the way).

1. They had my box wired up in a bed room which was ok until I got an HD TV. Over time, I realized that the installer was lazy, so he just wanted to do it as quick as possible.

2. I never use a phone at home, but to have high speed internet, I had to have a phone line, so, it cost about $30 per month for something I didn't use.

Overall, I liked it, and would go back to Satillite, but would probably get Direct TV for the NFL package.

Only had a few issues with storms, and it is usually only a couple of minutes at most.

Archived