• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to turn up the heat on Leavitt

Guest wildrover

I think we're in a lot of trouble, we could lose every game left on the schedule.  I'm not saying we will but with how bad our offense has been every since Spring, Its possible.

Its one thing to take a step back after the MB years.  I kind of get that, we had a great teamthat year and the competiton wasn't what it is now.  But to take a step back from where we were last year is unforgiveabale.  The fact that they have failed to address the shortcoming from last year leaves me beliveing that this will be a very long season.  Where's Bien to spin this into a positive?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  0

Julmiste did no better.  We can't throw long.  It seemed to me that all our passes were the 4 to 5 yd variaty.  Banks numbers were not that bad something like 12-20 but for only 70 or so yards.  We can't seem to stretch the field vertically.  If we can't do that then we are toast.

Plus we can't put all the blame (well most of it) on the offense.  Listening to the game it seemed like their receivers were behind our DBs the entire evening.  The kid threw for over 300yds.

• Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  818

(posted in the 2nd quarter of the Cocks game)

I'm sorry. I love the guy, like we all do, but it's time he starts getting some criticism(sp?).

Ronnie Banks is the worst college quarterback in the 110 yr history of college football. Really.

I dont know what kind of pictures he has or what kind of blackmail he has on Leavitt, but it must be substantial.

When the USF color commentator says "I'm sorry, but that's the worst pass I've ever seen......and I'm a former DB"......there's a problem.

We moved the ball well against the Cocks, running the ball. It's like we could put 5 or 6 plays together, moving forward, and then when it was up to our #1 Homeboy Ronnie Banks to make a......ONE.....play, he'd screw it all up.

Note to Leavitt: BENCH HIM. I never wanna see him on the field again. I dont care WHO comes in in his place, it's an upgrade.

It's well past time to turn up the heat on Leavitt and I've been saying it since he got his fat contract.  There is no way this guy is worth the kind of money we're paying him.  He makes obvious mistakes (more obvious than playing Banks) over and over and over again.  Judy and LeRoy panicked when they though Alabama actually had interest in him.  That's the ONLY reason he's making the big bucks - it isn't because of his coaching ability.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  127

Tonight was embarrassing.  Does Leavitt or anybody else on the coaching staff prep our offense for different defenses, or is our O so bad that it just doesn't matter?  I'm hoping next week they get their act together.  I don't expect us to win every game, but with the athletes we have, there is NO excuse for failing to be competitive. NO excuse.  We were NEVER in this game.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90

what about the offensive coach,, why doesn't leavitt think about making up some play that banks can handle under pressure or TAKE HIM OUT.. put in the freshy for all i care.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Tonight was embarrassing.  Does Leavitt or anybody else on the coaching staff prep our offense for different defenses, or is our O so bad that it just doesn't matter?  I'm hoping next week they get their act together.  I don't expect us to win every game, but with the athletes we have, there is NO excuse for failing to be competitive. NO excuse.  We were NEVER in this game.

that is a commentary on coaching if we were never in this game

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Julmiste did no better.  We can't throw long.  

In defense of PJ if your knee is hurt you can't really plant that right foot well enough to throw it a mile.

Penalties Penalties Penalties.  Not thinking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

PJ said that he was 100% healthy after the game ...

Granted, it was a bad game ... it's over ... our Defense has a bad game and the yooung corners were taken to school.

The Offense is another issue. We have NOT improved from last year ... the offense & QB. Changing an offense is tough in mid-season, but we have 2 weeks until a bye. We have running plays and need to put more work into these and do less passing  ??? ... we have professional coaches and they need to do something.

Can't eat soup with a fork  :P

Go BULLS !!!