• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard contacted about Washington AD job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Foley makes more than a million a year under his current deal.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

oops, forgot about Foley's extension last year...

still, UGA's AD signed a 5 year, $2.1m deal in 2006 and they are usually one of the top departments as far as turning a profit

not exactly sure what UT's AD is making now, but he started around $250/yr in 2003(4?)

Just seems that Woolard is making quite a bit for an athletic department that isn't exactly rolling around in money

• Content Count:  420

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/woolard-not-int.html

Woolard not interested in Huskies' opening

Bulls fans need not worry: Athletic director Doug Woolard said Tuesday night he's not going anywhere, happy with the progress he's seen in four years with the Bulls and eager for more.

Woolard, 58, was contacted about the athletic director job at the University of Washington, but said Tuesday he wasn't interested in leaving USF and would not be pursuing the position.

"It's not something I'm interested in," Woolard said. "I'm really pleased with the infrastructure we've been able to put into place here, and I look forward to continuing to move our athletic department forward."

Woolard had connections with Washington, having hired Huskies men's basketball coach Lorenzo Romar when he was athletic director at Saint Louis; he also worked at rival Washington State from 1988-94.

A priority for Woolard in USF's immediate future is upgrading the program's athletic facilities. Construction is ongoing this summer on a joint-use track facility to be shared with Hillsborough County that should be completed in August, in time for soccer season. The Bulls continue fund-raising efforts to upgrade the existing softball and baseball stadiums, as well as an ambitious renovation of the Sun Dome that would include a practice facility for USF's basketball programs.

• Content Count:  387

This just reinforces what we already know. Woolard is one of the best AD's in the country. Look what he's done in just four years.

Things will only get better.

Leroy did  a great job and Woolard took the ball and ran with it.

• Content Count:  1,911

All Hail Woolard!

• Content Count:  4,879

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/woolard-not-int.html

Woolard not interested in Huskies' opening

Bulls fans need not worry: Athletic director Doug Woolard said Tuesday night he's not going anywhere, happy with the progress he's seen in four years with the Bulls and eager for more.

Woolard, 58, was contacted about the athletic director job at the University of Washington, but said Tuesday he wasn't interested in leaving USF and would not be pursuing the position.

"It's not something I'm interested in," Woolard said. "I'm really pleased with the infrastructure we've been able to put into place here, and I look forward to continuing to move our athletic department forward."

Woolard had connections with Washington, having hired Huskies men's basketball coach Lorenzo Romar when he was athletic director at Saint Louis; he also worked at rival Washington State from 1988-94.

A priority for Woolard in USF's immediate future is upgrading the program's athletic facilities. Construction is ongoing this summer on a joint-use track facility to be shared with Hillsborough County that should be completed in August, in time for soccer season. The Bulls continue fund-raising efforts to upgrade the existing softball and baseball stadiums, as well as an ambitious renovation of the Sun Dome that would include a practice facility for USF's basketball programs.

Great news!

• Content Count:  1,457

In a tight budget year he may leave for dinero.

• Content Count:  2,661

Not so long ago, Washington would have been a huge step up in prestige, resources, and salary from USF.

Today, it's not.

Another symbol of USF's arrival as a big-time college sports program.

Hooray for Doug!

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Not to mention, when an AD goes they often start hiring the coaches who were around them at the last  place, which can decimate the program they left...

in some cases this can be true but even if he left to washington i cant see any coaches looking to make that big of a move unless they had prior contacts over in that region.

most of our coaches have been here longer than Woolard

Prado, Heath, he worked a better deal for Erickson when that was rocky and now Erickson is happy.  I am not worried about guys leaving for UW, and I am not so sure I am worried yet about Woolard leaving.

And unlike smazza's ignorant post, I am not afraid of change, but remember change goes both ways- sometimes positive and sometimes negative.  I don't want to 'throw money' at a guy, but he's done a very good job if not exceptional (considering he was walking into USF after some rocky times), and would really prefer to see him stick around for 3-4 more years.  I really believe by then USF will be at a level that we can handle the change.  It's just right now USF athletics has built some momentum and losing a focal point and leader can slow down or stymie that momentum.

seems that you are worried

woolard isnt pac 10 material afterall

losing the AD shouldnt matter one bit to usf's progress

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Not so long ago, Washington would have been a huge step up in prestige, resources, and salary from USF.

Today, it's not.

Another symbol of USF's arrival as a big-time college sports program.

Hooray for Doug!

wrong

uw is a great position but i could certainly understand why someone would rather live in tampa than  anywhere in washinton

usf got embarassed by a pac 10 team with a back up qb

usf needs to beat a pac 10 team before we can blab about how usf has arrived

Archived