• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More bad news for state BCS team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

I borrowed this from TyBull's rant on UCiF and think this is much more important to Bull's future prospects:

Florida State. Bad news: Erratic starting quarterback Drew Weatherford missed most of camp with a knee injury. Worse news: Backups Christian Ponder and D'Vontrey Richardson did little to impress the staff. Demoralizing news: Wide receiver Preston Parker, clearly the team's best player, was arrested last week and his future is tenuous.

Matt Hayes is a writer for Sporting News. E-mail him at mhayes@sportingnews.com.

This is the 'Big 3' program that we have the best chance of supplanting in the next decade.  They have major current challenges and Bowden is likely 1 & done.

The Jimbo Fisher takes over a program that has been mediocre for 5 seasons, but with the expectations still 'Bowdenesqe'.  Thus, he can even improve the team somewhat, get them to 8-9 win seasons and still get canned.  All while Leavitt is solidifying his permanency at the helm of the Bulls.

• Content Count:  827

And you forgot another big blow today. Their best OL Darren Rose was just declared academically ineligible for fall. He now has to go to juco in hopes of returning next year.

• Content Count:  1,433

FSU has spun out of control.  5-7 would be miraculous.  Their 2 D1-AA games will be very competitve.

• Content Count:  5,241

I rooted for em when my sister was in the band...until I realized they already renamed the field after bobby bowden and he was still on the sidelines (i didnt say coaching, but standing on the sidelines).

Jimbo and a New AD might help em but i dunno

Guest pascobull

I don't think Jimbo Fisher will be the answer there. Good recruiting for sure but a weak play caller and I doubt he will be a good head coach. I think Miami will return to former glory with a big bang but FSU is cooked for awhile.

Archived