• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TSA not giving up on future ACC title games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

TSA can kiss some Bull Crap.  When we do get a great stadium I hope we compete head to head with Ray Jay for events.

dont count on it. No way in hell our stadium will be as nice as a PRO stadium but we can hope

True, but most of the events at Ray Jay don't really take advantage nor need those luxuries.  I can see a lot of the trade shows, concerts, and amateur sporting events moving to a USF stadium on the primary motive of cost savings.

I think USF building a stadium is definitely a threat to Ray Jay.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe someone has brought this up... maybe it hasn't... but I would think this could be a fairly obvious deal...

Why not alternate between Tampa and Charlotte every other year? Obviously, nothing can be done about this year... but with alternating years, it'll keep the game more fresh for both cities, they both will have at least a partial win since they'll both be getting games. It's not as big as if they got it every year, but it's better than not getting the game at all...

This way, USF can have the field every other year (Which isn't unreasonable), then the ACC is here every other year... USF wins, ACC wins (and I really do think that alternating cities would really help keep the game fresher with the local audience), Tampa and Charlotte have partial wins... doesn't seem like anyone loses a whole lot in the deal...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If we could find a way to make BOTH happen, I would be very much in favor of it.  But if it gets in the way of the BULLS, then the ACC gets the horns.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/tsa-not-giving-up-on-future-acc-title-games/

why would they????

it is good for the communtiy to host such a game

• Content Count:  505

Are there any other college teams that have to put up with this crap?  I don't think so.  We have every right to demand schedule priority.  We are even willing to share by playing on Thursday nights that week.  Screw the ACC, screw Jim Norman, and screw the TSA.  I have been totally against an OCS but screw that now.  Build it and make sure the Big East schedules a home game every year the first week of December at the same time as the ACC game.  Would probably even beat them in TV ratings.

• Content Count:  21

Now they’re trying to send us to St. Pete when will these a-holes learn. 

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb/20/sp-seeking-win-win-situation/?sports-colleges-bulls

??? >:(

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

TSA can kiss some Bull Crap.  When we do get a great stadium I hope we compete head to head with Ray Jay for events.

dont count on it. No way in hell our stadium will be as nice as a PRO stadium but we can hope

in 15/20 years ray jay will be obsolete

and any new stadium built on usf campus would probably be nicer

• Content Count:  7,890

True, but most of the events at Ray Jay don't really take advantage nor need those luxuries.  I can see a lot of the trade shows, concerts, and amateur sporting events moving to a USF stadium on the primary motive of cost savings.

I think USF building a stadium is definitely a threat to Ray Jay.

yeah I see what you mean. I was thinking more of the lines of bowl games. Here's a thought build a stadium and have a BE bowl game in it.

• Content Count:  118

This could have all been prevented if the Bulls were allowed to play their Thursday game against Rutgers. Bucs games get played the day after, the ACC does not need a 2 day window. They can paint the field on Friday.

• Content Count:  7,890

in 15/20 years ray jay will be obsolete

and any new stadium built on usf campus would probably be nicer

that depends if we are forced to build it quickly or on our terms

• Content Count:  32

Jim Norman?

That's a completely different kettle of fish. We can crush him if we want.

Haven't I read somewhere there's like 100,000 usf alumni in the area?

Get that e-mail list, and all problems will be solved.

If you can tell a BOCC member you will mail 100,000 college educated likely voters about how they are anti-USF, they will wet themselves.

I was at my kids ballfield this weekend, I must have seen 10-15 usf shirts/caps. Both days. The community impact is real and they should be aware of it by now.

Is it possible to get that list? If it is, get it, create a PAC, then approach them. It'll be AC..who?

Archived