• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stars don't tell the story . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

With a little time to kill before signing day, I started looking back at USF's previous recruiting classes and decided to do a little 'stars analysis'.  Here's how the stars broke down for USF's 2004-2006 classes using Scout's ratings:

5* = 0

4* = 5

3* = 14

2* = 46

1* = 8

Of the five 4-star recruits, only one made an impact (Andre Hall).  The others were J. Peyton, F. Harry, L. Stirrups, and Carlton Hill.

Of the fourteen 3-stars, the only impact players were Clebert, Buie, Griffin, Mompremier, Taurus, and Hester.  Most of the others never even made it to USF, such as Searcy, T. Jones, C. DeArmas, L. Glover (transfer), and Alwan Lee.

So, of the 19 total 3 or 4 star recruits, only 7 made an impact. 

Most of the impact players on the roster were rated 2-stars.

USF is definitely signing higher rated players lately.  Here are the 2007 and 2008 totals so far, and I think it is too early to know how many of them will be impact players:

5* = 0

4* = 4

3* = 22

2* = 24

1* = 0

I look at it this way - Leavitt is doing a hell of a job with 2-star players.  I look forward to what he can do with the higher rated players.

Archived