• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tommy Streeter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea dawsey.  my bad.  you leave USF and go to FSU i try to forget all about you.  even how to spell your name :)  j/k.

as for franks, some people i know back in ft myers said he was the one trying to get those kids from MNW.  i guess they made an assumption since he was down in ft myers recruiting.  thanks for clearing it up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

any idea why Scott's area is Miami?  you would think he would recruit in tampa and around central florida where he should have some contacts from his days as a high school coach and a player?

• Content Count:  61

He's got family in Miami.  He's young, relates well with the players.  He's persistent and "understands" how to compete down there, its the hardest area in FL, maybe the country to recruit.

Josh Newberg

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

when do you expect usf to recruit like gators?

why is time a factor?

i think is is salesmanship and if usf had good salesmen we would be able to get the bluechip recruits in our backyard.it is all about hardwork and giving kids a chance

When?  I have no idea.  Smazza please, no amount of salesman ship can sell ice to an eskimo.  And I'm not saying USF is that far back but there is a lot of difference between schools competing for a century and those for a decade.  Facilities, tradition, history, money, etc.  We'll catch up but it isn't overnight.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when do you expect usf to recruit like gators?

why is time a factor?

i think is is salesmanship and if usf had good salesmen we would be able to get the bluechip recruits in our backyard.it is all about hardwork and giving kids a chance

When?  I have no idea.  Smazza please, no amount of salesman ship can sell ice to an eskimo.  And I'm not saying USF is that far back but there is a lot of difference between schools competing for a century and those for a decade.  Facilities, tradition, history, money, etc.  We'll catch up but it isn't overnight.

I REspectfully disagree

a greaT SALESMAN can sell ice to an eskimo but it should be as difficult out recruiting uf,fsu or miami

• Content Count:  61

What makes it so difficult?

Pound for pound, the most talent in the country is in Miami.  There is probably not another region in the country that is recruited by colleges across the nation.  Almost every school sends coaches to Miami every year.  That can't even be said for Texas and California. 

Josh Newberg

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

What makes it so difficult?

Pound for pound, the most talent in the country is in Miami.  There is probably not another region in the country that is recruited by colleges across the nation.  Almost every school sends coaches to Miami every year.  That can't even be said for Texas and California. 

Josh Newberg

and one would think that leavitt being here 11 years would give usf a decided advantage

• Content Count:  1,894

I want streeter as bad as any but If he comes here he can only hope to get around 500 yards a season. Honestly Taurus johnson should be close to 1,000 every year along with a few others. If we tweek our offense alittle bit maybe our wr's would benefit but it all has to do with our lack of running game. Ford running for 100ypg will allow our wr's to gain better stats which would make this guy want to come here. If he comes we have gotten lucky.

• Content Count:  131

please keep in mind some of the players that werent ranked high out of high school but turned into monsters on the field.

selvie, robinson, murphy, grothe, harris are among the many players whose on the field play is much better their stars indicated. please keep this in mind when you rip on our recruiting classes.

a few more years and we wont have to find diamonds in the rough and instead can go head to head with many schools and beat them out. until we at least finish a season being ranked lets not hope for the unrealistic.

guys (with minimal stars) to keep an eye on smazza...

washington, young, theo wilson, kelly, joseph, mclain

Archived