• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

www.MyFavoriteCoach.org - Stan Heath

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,065
  • Days Won:  469

New BIG EAST Coaches' Corner Web site launched at www.MyFavoriteCoach.org

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The BIG EAST Conference launched its new Coaches’ Corner Web site today, where fans are called on to vote for their favorite BIG EAST men’s basketball coach throughout the 2008 season by visiting www.myfavoritecoach.org.  The Web site is sponsored by OppenheimerFunds, Inc., the title sponsor of the 2008 OppenheimerFunds BIG EAST Coach of the Year Award and the Official Mutual Funds of the BIG EAST Conference.

Fans will also get an in-depth look at each of the league’s 16 head men’s basketball coaches by listening to answers to various coaching “questions of the week.”  As the 2008 Men’s Basketball Championship approaches, fans will be able to hear various coaches’ thoughts on coaching at Madison Square Garden during the Championship.

The Web site also includes 30-second vignettes with several of the league’s coaches.  These vignettes will be shown in-arena at select BIG EAST home venues starting this week.   

The Coaches’ Corner site also features weekly men’s basketball coaches’ media teleconferences where coaches will answer questions from the media about their most recent and upcoming BIG EAST contests.  And, it offers relevant coaching articles, bios, and other pertinent coaching updates.

“We are thrilled to help highlight the critical role that great coaches play in assisting others to reach their goals,” Bruce Dunbar, Senior Vice President and Director of Corporate Communications for OppenheimerFunds, Inc. said.  “Along with sponsoring the OppenheimerFunds BIG EAST Coach of the Year Award, this program gives us a unique vehicle to demonstrate our commitment to achievement and to fostering talent and excellence.”

Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey, who led his team to a 11-5 BIG EAST record last season, was given the 2007 BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Coach of the Year Award presented by OppenheimerFunds, Inc. (as voted on by the league’s head coaches) at a press conference in New York the day before the conference tournament started.  The 2008 award will be announced on March 11.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

how is Huggins at 38%?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,689
  • Days Won:  424

how is Huggins at 38%?

While in prison, one of his ex-players learned how to hack computers .... that plus some Cincy and some USF fans voting for him.  ;)

• Content Count:  2,661

how is Huggins at 38%?

Here is a breakdown of voters in the poll:

0.1% - all the assistants Bob Huggins hired over the years just so he could recruit their players.

0.4% - Huggins' share of all the UCF fans who voted for everybody in the poll except the Bulls' coach.

1.5% - bitter Kentucky fans who didn't want Rick Pitino to win, and don't have anything else college basketball-related to do until November 2008.

2% - Fans of the movie Blazing Saddles, who will forever adore Huggins for recruiting Art Long.

6% - West Virginia fans who are confused about Stan Heath's Arkansas getting into the NCAAs last year instead of their team, and are voting in this contest because they think it's part of the RPI.

11% - Cincinnati fans, for whom Bob Huggins really is their favorite coach in the Big East.

And finally, the top source of votes is...

17% - West Virginia fans who are dealing with their abandonment issues by smothering Bob Huggins with their unrequited love.

• Content Count:  695

Wow Heath is beating Rick Pitino and Jim Calhoun guess they still haven't invented computers in Kentucky and in Connecticut everyone is hibernating.

Archived