• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Happenings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.syracuse.com/weblogs/orangejuice/

Scroll down towards the bottom of August 24th entry.

Several USF mentions.  I cover all the new Big East teams on Tuesdays throughout the season.

The inaugural NBE poll had USF 7th.  It would've been higher but one voter who had you higher was tardy with his vote.  The next poll will be out Tuesday, Sept 7th.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Thanks for the link.  I like how you have the message boards link in your stories.

http://www.syracuse.com/weblogs/orangejuice/

The inaugural NBE poll had USF 7th.  

Didn't see the poll - is there a link on that page?

I for one am looking forward to exiting CDOA and entering into the (N)BE.  So far the fans of those schools have been more then friendly and encouraging overall than what we got from our future CUSA members before we entered.

I think there is just a touch more respect from the BE teams and I think they realize that while USF is no Miami, they do see that we are still growing and that there is still a lot of potential to help keep the BE in the BCS.  I don't think any of us believe that USF is the savior of the BE but that we fully expect to be a factor in helping it retain its BCS status.

I have been to Pitt and I have been to U Conn and am looking forward to heading to WVU, Cuse and Rutgers.  I will be attending the Cincinnati game this year but will have to wait on Louisville until 2006 I guess.

The step up in competition, from a fan's perspective, is greatly appreciated and I hope that with our BE affiliation we are able to sign some better 1-for-1 deal with other BCS caliber teams and we can quit playing all these I-AA fluff teams and watered down non-BCS programs.

After playing the likes of Cuse, WVU, Pitt etc etc etc I think most people would be bored to watch us take on UL-La or Arkansas St (for example).

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

TexanMark,

Very good take on the PittvsUSF game. The game could go either way right now. I really believe that this might be like the TCUvsUSF game last season in where the team that wins will make the less mistakes. I really believe that USF's defense needs to come up big time against Pitt if we are to win. Anyway, thanks for the link. I will look forward to reading more predictions in the coming weeks.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

For the NBE Inugural Poll just go to the Link I provided and scroll down to August 17th.  The poll will come out on Tuesdays during the season.