• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Turning Point

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

After halftime, we had the ball and a 1st and 10 after a MG run.  We threw a 20 yard ball to Taurus Johnson and it was dropped.  He was open, heard footsteps and dropped the ball, and we were unable to pick up the first down after that.  I think this was the turning point in the game.  Sure we could have converted, but we didn't.  We punted to Oregon and they eventually scored on the drive.  They converted two seperate 3rd and 8 situations during the drive that only took 2:45 to travel roughly 80 yards.  Score now is Oregon 25, USF 14.  Still in the game, but shaky at best.

Our next possession we had another 1st and 10 at our 35 and ran that reverse that Taurus Johnson fumbled.  Oregon converted two 2nd and 10s and a 3rd and 7 on this TD drive that only took 1:53.  Now the score was 32-14 and slipping away from us, most likely a loss.

The next possession was the dagger as Grothe threw an interception that was returned for a TD.  Game over 39-14.  We weren't coming back from that deficit and it appeared to me that our team quit after this play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Agreed.

I am a huge Taurus Johnson fan, but in two games this season, he has really let me down. Yesterday, he was definately not on his game. When I saw him holding the ball on that reverse, I knew what was coming. I think he had two drops yesterday, but the one you mentioned was huge.

The other game was WVU that I thought he had a rough night. I thought he could have saved Grothe two picks in that game, but decided to watch the defender catch the ball rather than fighting for it.

Johnson will be a senior next season. He needs to be more aggressive, be more of a leader, and step up in the big games (he was great at Auburn to be fair).

Archived