• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how long you guys giving CJL? Seriously.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

No, the coach can only get the players ready. The PLAYERS actually have to execute.

CJL is a stand up guy and frankly I would rather have a class act than a cut and run like Saban or Patrino.

Whatever. I'd rather have a football coach that...gee...I don't know...wins BIG GAMES like he's paid to do.

Get over yourself. What like last year against uf or this year against the Illini. Have you ever played a sport? The players still have to execute. Intensity and execution go a long way to making a coach look good.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

No, the coach can only get the players ready. The PLAYERS actually have to execute.

CJL is a stand up guy and frankly I would rather have a class act than a cut and run like Saban or Patrino.

Whatever. I'd rather have a football coach that...gee...I don't know...wins BIG GAMES like he's paid to do.

so auburn wasnt a big game? west virginia wasnt a big game? your logic is absurd

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I know many of you will want to jump all over this post, but how long are you giving CJL? Seriously.

I honestly believe he's served his purpose and it's time to move on. USF had the opportunity to make a HUGE statement in the state of Florida this year...not to mention the rest of the country. UM sucks. FSU is in HUGE TURMOIL...not to mention Bobby is senile...and has been for years. They make the rise to #2. Cinderella story. And, what happens? CJL gets them so ready for games they lose 3-in-a-row. Regardless, they pull out a nice bowl, and what happens? They give up the most rushing yards in the history of the bowl and get beaten like a drum by a team that is using a Red Shirt freshman QB.

Sorry, it's time for CJL to be replaced. He got the program going. He won some nice games. He got USF on the map. He's NOT an elite coach. He needs to go as HC. Give him some other job on campus if you want to honor him. Seems like a nice enough guy.

But, this program COULD BE a national power if the right guy was in place. CJL is NOT that person. Anyone else agree?

Dude, is there actually air in the world you occupy or are you simply clueless on what it takes to build a national championship caliber team???  What is it about the fact that this is still a team in a growth stage.  We have only been able to sell the best athletes on the fact that by coming to USF they will potentially have the ability to play in a BCS game for a whopping 3 years now.  That means that those kids are JRs at at best.  As we are starting to become known we are getting better kids every year.  That's why you are seeing 14 freshman and Sophomores playing significant amount of time this past year.  I was at the UCONN game.  At one point I counted 7 freshman on offense on the field at 1 time, 3 sophs and 1 JR.  I don't care what the logo on the helmet says, you aren't going to be winning any championships with that kind of youth.

We all appreciate your excitement about the school and the bay area, but reality is USF and Tampa by itself isn't going to magically draw the best football players or basketball players or baseball players or Soccer players just because it's a nice school or a nice place to live.  You need to get it through your head that it takes time to build.  

How about getting through at least one full class of recruiting BCS caliber kids before talking stupidity about coaching changes.

We are getting better and better each year.  You are too funny if you really think we should be a perennial powerhouse in football at this point.

• Content Count:  500

jfc is a Buckeye troll that only posts after a loss. In case you were wondering, he is an "artist" that glues sticks together like a 4 year old. As much as I love sports, they will never make me "creame my pants" either.

• Content Count:  203

Why is anyone even giving this loser the attention he wants?  Who cares? This thread should be deleted.

Archived