• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mario Urrutia to enter NFL Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Really?  I thought the other receiver UL had (Douglas?) had a way better year...

• Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Harry Douglas is a much, much better player, and should have a very good NFL career.  He was a senior.

Urrutia was all potential, not much substance.  He was injured part of this year, and had run-ins with the staff also.  We kept expecting him to explode every year but it never happened.  He will always be remembered, to me, for that awesome stiff arm from twenty yards out on the Miami DB last year.

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

He will always be remembered, to me, for that awesome stiff arm from twenty yards out on the Miami DB last year.

I'll always remember Mario Urrutia for almost giving me a heart attack in the UL-USF game two years ago. They threw him a garbage-time sideline pass on the last play of the half, and he nearly outwrestled the entire USF defense for a long touchdown. That would have made the score 24-14 and given Louisville huge momentum going into the half. Instead, Chad Simpson returned the second-half kickoff for a touchdown, making it 31-7 USF, and the rout was on.

I think Urrutia can be a great NFL receiver. He's big, fast, and strong. I'd love to see Dolphins grab him in the 4th or 5th round.

Archived