• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

XBox

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I'm looking to pick one up. But it seems to be there are different kinds of XBoxes.

Xbox 360 Elite Console

Xbox 360 Console System

Xbox 360 Arcade

What is the difference between these systems? Is it just memory space? Games?

I know some of you guys are Jedi Masters of this stuff.... help me out!

• Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

I'm looking to pick one up. But it seems to be there are different kinds of XBoxes.

Xbox 360 Elite Console

Xbox 360 Console System

Xbox 360 Arcade

What is the difference between these systems? Is it just memory space? Games?

I know some of you guys are Jedi Masters of this stuff.... help me out!

It really depends on how you want to game...

If you want to game online, get either the Elite($449) or the Xbox 360 pro console($349). 

The Elite has 120GB of hard drive space.  And its black.  This is great if you like to download movies, videos, and games and demos and such.  The Pro has a 20 GB harddrive.  This is more than enough information if you are just saving your games and downloading multiplayer maps, and some arcade games.  But you'll find that if you are downloading lots of content this will fill up fast.  It also has a Mic, and an Ethernet cable, so you'll be ready to join the Xbox live community right out of the box.

The Arcade ($279) includes a small memory card, no hard drive.  No microphone and no Ethernet cable.  It also only has AV cables, no component.  Which means your picture resolution may or may not suffer depending on the type of TV you have.  I wouldn't really recommend it all because online gaming is the one thing that makes the Xbox 360 so wonderful. 

All three of these systems include HDMI ports if you have a High Def TV, however, only the Elite actually provides an HDMI cable.  You can find these anywhere...

For games, I recommend NCAA 08, Gears of War, and Call of Duty 4.  All three are awesome, and offer large online communities to play with.  Halo 3 is also pretty fun if your a Halo fan, though to me, it was just like the other halos...

one more thing...

The arcade includes 5 pre-installed arcade games...

The Elite and Pro both include two free Xbox 360 games...Forza 2(awesome racing game) and Marvel Alliance(if your into comics...to me its meh...)

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for all that information. That really helps. I think the Xbox 360 pro seems the way to go for me.

I'm not to sure about the XBox live though... My ego can't handle getting smacked around by a 11 year old.

I've played Halo 1, 2, and 3. I love them all. Are there any other co-op games similar to Halo 3? I was thinking of trying out Call of Duty, but I hear they're not co-cop. Madden 08, NCAA 08 are musts for me. And by most accounts Assassin's Creed is the next game to get.

Thanks for all that information. That really helps. I think the Xbox 360 pro seems the way to go for me.

I'm not to sure about the XBox live though... My ego can't handle getting smacked around by a 11 year old.

I've played Halo 1, 2, and 3. I love them all. Are there any other co-op games similar to Halo 3? I was thinking of trying out Call of Duty, but I hear they're not co-cop. Madden 08, NCAA 08 are musts for me. And by most accounts Assassin's Creed is the next game to get.

You'd would be surprised at how few little kids are online, it's mostly college students and adults oddly enough, except on friday nights...thats when the little ones come out.  They can be especially frustrating because they love team killing.

Gears of War is co-op, online and split screen, and its the best game on the Xbox 360 and Xbox live by far...

The best thing about it, is it's very competitive online.  Anyone can be pretty decent at it once you learn the map layouts because the weapons are equal for the most part.

Unfortunately COD games do not have coop, but the newest one, COD4 is excellent, potential game of the year.

Assassins Creed looks pretty sweet, I'm getting that along with Mass Effect for Christmas.

You'll definitely like Halo 3, though I find playing on Xbox live to be very frustrating because there are a lot of people with some incredible talent at this game.

If you buy one, get a store warranty, Microsoft has a 3 year warranty which only covers hardware failures(red rings of death), but if your dvd drive dies, you're screwed with a big repair bill.

If you do get Xbox live, add my gamertag, it's fishinBULL.

Archived