• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usc not moving

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

to rose  bowl as i predicted

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

So they are not moving out of the Los Angeles Colosseum  ???

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

Well good for them, heck at least their alumni has some back bone unlike *cough* Miami's whom let Donna "The Devil" Shalala tear down the OB instead of reinivating it like the city and the Dolphins wanted her to do.

I say good for them, and if they were going to loose the Colosseum they would be in the same boat Miami is in now.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The Orange Bowl and surrounding neighborhood needs to be blown up.

spend a billion or two and renovate area

Well, it's not that USC made the decision NOT to move... the Rose Bowl told them to work out their own issues first.

LA Times article:

Rose Bowl says no deal, for now

By Gary Klein

December 7, 2007

Rose Bowl officials declined Thursday to offer a lease to USC, instead recommending that USC first attempt to work out its differences with the Coliseum Commission.

After meeting in closed session at the Pasadena stadium, the Rose Bowl Operating Company board announced that it would take no action on USC's two-year lease proposal, but left open the possibility of revisiting the issue.

Bill Thomson, president of the RBOC said, "it is clear that everybody hopes for a successful resolution of the impasse between USC and the Coliseum Commission." He added that any agreement with USC would be subject to approval by UCLA, which has a lease as the Rose Bowl's primary college football tenant through 2023.

"If USC and UCLA can work something out, they'll come back and talk to us, I'm sure, and we'll give consideration to it at that time," Thomson said.

The Coliseum Commission has pledged to work out its decade-long rent negotiation with the state quickly and then move on to a long-term lease with USC, perhaps even before the Jan. 1 Rose Bowl game between USC and Illinois.

Kristina E. Raspe, USC's associate senior vice president for real estate and asset management, said before Thursday's meeting that the school was, "cautiously optimistic," about a commission proposal, "but we've been waiting for some time for that happen and if the Rose Bowl is able to give us a lease, we're prepared to sign it."

During remarks to the board before it adjourned to closed session, she said, "We clearly recognize that the Rose Bowl is the home facility for Bruin football and understand that there will be very strong emotional reaction about having USC also play here next season. We understand that UCLA will always have priority in this facility and we are respectful of that relationship."

After the meeting, Raspe said USC would present its lease proposal to UCLA in the next week.

Archived