• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More Gator player where they belong

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

in Jail

Cunningham, Demps charged with misdemeanor battery

Associated Press

Updated: December 5, 2007, 2:28 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida defensive end Jermaine Cunningham and a former teammate were charged with misdemeanor battery Wednesday for allegedly hitting a restaurant worker with a sandwich and cups.

Cunningham and former Gators linebacker Jon Demps were being held without bond, according to Alachua County Jail records.

Gainesville police said the two were arrested after a restaurant employee told officers the players harassed him when told they needed to pay for a bag of chips. The two became verbally abusive toward the man and hit him with a sandwich and empty soda cups, according to a police report.

The players fled shortly before officers arrived but were located soon after on campus.

School officials did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment, so it was unclear what effect Cunningham's arrest would have on Florida's Capital One Bowl matchup against Michigan.

The sophomore tied for the team lead with 6½ sacks and was third with 62 tackles, including 11½ for a loss.

Demps was a sophomore at Florida last year but left the team after the season.

how long until the Gator ans start calling death threats into the sandwich shop?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Gainesville police said the two were arrested after a restaurant employee told officers the players harassed him when told they needed to pay for a bag of chips. The two became verbally abusive toward the man and hit him with a sandwich and empty soda cups, according to a police report.

ththFoodFight.gif

in Jail

Cunningham, Demps charged with misdemeanor battery

Associated Press

Updated: December 5, 2007, 2:28 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida defensive end Jermaine Cunningham and a former teammate were charged with misdemeanor battery Wednesday for allegedly hitting a restaurant worker with a sandwich and cups.

Cunningham and former Gators linebacker Jon Demps were being held without bond, according to Alachua County Jail records.

The players fled shortly before officers arrived but were located soon after on campus.

School officials did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment, so it was unclear what effect Cunningham's arrest would have on Florida's Capital One Bowl matchup against Michigan.

The sophomore tied for the team lead with 6½ sacks and was third with 62 tackles, including 11½ for a loss.

Demps was a sophomore at Florida last year but left the team after the season.

Seems a bit extreme don't you think. A bunch of kids, which did do wrong and should be punished, but ran back to school (probably all freaked out) not off to no where.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

How does this affect USF again? 

Mods do your thing.

my bad I thought I was in the State of Florida

my bad I thought I was in the State of Florida

You are now  ;D

• Content Count:  1,757

That sandwich shop guy got served.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

That sandwich shop guy got served.

he got served... a pastrami on rye, with extra mayonnaise!

:ROFLMAO

i kill myself!

Archived