• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Rate the Bowls (Sun Bowl 28 out of 32 ?!?!?!?!?)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Right...but didn't the offensive scheme revolve around Dixon?  Now they have 3 weeks to work out their problems and improve their offensive scheme.  DO NOT expect this team to be a pushover!  It is not some C-USA middle of the pack team even with their current problems.

Agreed. Let's not forget, Oregon almost beat Oregon State with their fourth-string QB in there.

I agree in the sense no team/game should ever be taken lightly but...

Pick one (1):

A. Oregon won because they played so well with what they had?

B. Oregon State lost because they played poorly?

A win is a win in any book but if we are ahead, I better not see any "holding back on the scoring so we can look like gentlemen" kind of stuff. I want to see the score sky-rocket. This would be the best way to show off to the country.

Wins are great. Blow-outs are even better.

Go Bulls!  ~U~ :gobulls

amc0526l.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  148

Our defense should play well.  This is a game our defense won't take lightly.  The added benefit for us is that due to Dixon's injury, Oregon has become somewhat one dimensional.  The difference in 2 of our losses (Uconn & Rutgers) is that both Teel and Lorenzen, while not exceptional were accurate enough to force our defense to play honest and we really gave both of them entirely to much time to pass.  Both Lorezen & Teel, I believe are Juniors. 

The quarterbacking for Oregon may be in the bowl by committee; 2 freshman;  freshman Cody Kempt replaced Dixon during and after the 'Zona game.  On Saturday, against OSU, he was pulled in the 1st quarter and replaced by RS freshman Justin Roper.  I hate to sound overly confident, but 2 freshman quarterbacks against Williams and Jenkins; yeah...they're going to try to stick to the run.

• Content Count:  24

Certainly it will sound arrogant to Bulls fans, but most of us who are Duck fans are quite certain that, without the Dixon injury, we would not just be IN tghe championship game, we would win it and Dixon would be the nearly unanimous Heisman winner.  If you saw Dixon play after the Cal game, you know that he was NOT going to be stopped.  Yes, it is hard to imagine that one player could have that kind of impact, but he did.  Never have I seen a player consistently fake out the camera man, the broadcasting booth, and the entire defense.  But, you know what, Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda:  he DID get injured and none that is going to happen.  Yes, as a Duck fan, I have to agree that you SHOULD be favored and you should win, but our young guys showed a lot of resiliency in our Civil War game and I think they will show up in El Paso.  You still ought to favored, but we might be able to make a game of it.  I think you can chalk up that 28/32 ranking in bowl games as having been done by someone who saw UO "play" UCLA with their brains in a fog.  Still, no way our game is less interesting than a bowl game with Ball State or Florida Atlantic  in it.  And if you are looking for Dogs look no further than:  the Rose Bowl, where USC will nail Illinois to the wall by about 4 touchdowns in a disgraceful mathcup that cost Arizona State a BCS bid and, yes, the BCS Championship game in which Ohio State will embarrass themselves yet again.  But, don't feel too sorry for them, as they do have that Ohio State Championship they won by beating Troy, Youngstown State, and Kent State.  No Bull there, eh, Bulls?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

The difference in 2 of our losses (Uconn & Rutgers) is that both Teel and Lorenzen, while not exceptional were accurate enough to force our defense to play honest and we really gave both of them entirely to much time to pass. 

Teel only completed 37% of his passes. 11 completions total.  take away Underwood's 69 yard TD pass, and Teel only had 110 yards passing.

he did not burn us.  he did not threaten us.

Rutgers lined up every down and basically TOLD us they were going to ram it down our throats with Rice, and we didnt do **** to stop it.

it doesnt matter what Oregon's 8th string, walk-on, one-legged, legally blind, mentally handicapped freshman quarterback does. 

if we dont find a way to stop a healthy Jon Stewart (like we couldnt stop Rice or Andre Dixon), it will be a long game.  PERIOD.

• Content Count:  148

Certainly it will sound arrogant to Bulls fans, but most of us who are Duck fans are quite certain that, without the Dixon injury, we would not just be IN tghe championship game, we would win it and Dixon would be the nearly unanimous Heisman winner.  If you saw Dixon play after the Cal game, you know that he was NOT going to be stopped.  Yes, it is hard to imagine that one player could have that kind of impact, but he did.  Never have I seen a player consistently fake out the camera man, the broadcasting booth, and the entire defense.  But, you know what, Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda:  he DID get injured and none that is going to happen.  Yes, as a Duck fan, I have to agree that you SHOULD be favored and you should win, but our young guys showed a lot of resiliency in our Civil War game and I think they will show up in El Paso.  You still ought to favored, but we might be able to make a game of it.  I think you can chalk up that 28/32 ranking in bowl games as having been done by someone who saw UO "play" UCLA with their brains in a fog.  Still, no way our game is less interesting than a bowl game with Ball State or Florida Atlantic  in it.  And if you are looking for Dogs look no further than:  the Rose Bowl, where USC will nail Illinois to the wall by about 4 touchdowns in a disgraceful mathcup that cost Arizona State a BCS bid and, yes, the BCS Championship game in which Ohio State will embarrass themselves yet again.  But, don't feel too sorry for them, as they do have that Ohio State Championship they won by beating Troy, Youngstown State, and Kent State.  No Bull there, eh, Bulls?

Its a meaningless ranking but I agree with you, it should be a better game than they project.  I've even tried to use the whole well maybe Memphis/ FAU will be a great game even though its sub-par football, but I can't.  The same people probably ranked Boise State & Oklahoma last year at 28.  What they should look at is that barring this bowl or another future bowl, USF & Oregon will probably never play again anytime soon.  When Notre Dame (bastards) finally gets 6 wins, the sun bowl will probably not be available for us.  Its a Pac-10/ Big East matchup, that's what they shoiuld look at. 

Dixon would defnitely be up there!!  Personally sick of hearing about Tebow. 

Archived