• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Edsall to GT-Not So Fast My Friend!

bullwark

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

After meeting with Georgia Tech, Edsall staying at UConn

STORRS, Conn. (AP)  Connecticut head coach Randy Edsall is staying with the Huskies.

Edsall traveled to Atlanta earlier this week to talk to Georgia Tech officials about their coaching vacancy. He informed his team at its annual banquet Sunday that he had withdrawn his name from consideration for the job.

"I'll stay as long as you'll have me," Edsall told the audience.

The news came hours after the Huskies earned a share of the Big East championship in just their sixth season in college football's top division.

When Pittsburgh stunned West Virginia on Saturday, that knocked the Mountaineers (10-2, 5-2 Big East) into a tie with UConn (9-3, 5-2) atop the conference standings.

West Virginia had already secured the Big East's automatic Bowl Championship Series berth because of its 66-21 win over the Huskies on Nov. 24.

The co-championship comes in UConn's fourth year in the conference and its sixth season since moving up from what was then called Division I-AA.

"It is something that nobody thought could have happened four years ago or even at the start of this season," Edsall said Sunday. "To have it happen in Year Four in the league is a great compliment to the hard work of our student-athletes, assistant coaches and staff."

The title is the latest in a series of milestones reached by the Huskies this season. UConn earned its first national ranking in October, won its first game over a ranked opponent that month, and went undefeated at home (7-0) for the first time in school history.

The Huskies are heading to the Meineke Car Care Bowl on Dec. 29 in Charlotte. It will be UConn's second trip to a bowl. The 2004 Huskies won the Motor City Bowl.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Dang, I was hoping for Edsall to G Tech for 2 reasons....

1) Help my Jackets .....

2) Get him out of our conference.....

Oh well.....

in CJL I trust.......

He will make the "Edsall"  obsolete....

Archived