• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So everyone's ruled out driving?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

I can't afford to fly there and get a hotel...but i'd be willing to drive/split gas and hotel costs/ and room with someone if there serious about going and driving if there's no other means of getting there. I'd rather not take a bus and everything i've seen as far as taking a train is almost as expensive as taking a plane.

I'm all for taking my car, but i'm driving a 2dr honda accord. it definetly won't fit 4 people and luggage comfortably...

so if anyones serious, reply to this and lets get the ball rolling. I really wanna go to el paso, if anyone else is with me then lets do this.

Bryan.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long of a drive is it?  Mapquest says 25 hours!

if your doing the speedlimit i guess it would be 25. I've done Albany, NY to Tampa in less that 23, but that was no stopping to sleep and a couple minute breaks. It's really not that bad if you do 4 hour shifts of driving, or every tank of gas you switch.

if your doing the speedlimit i guess it would be 25. I've done Albany, NY to Tampa in less that 23, but that was no stopping to sleep and a couple minute breaks. It's really not that bad if you do 4 hour shifts of driving, or every tank of gas you switch.

El Paso is more than 400 miles further than Albany...

And the worst part is the drive from San Antonio to El Paso... 7 hours through nothing... few exits on I-10... few small towns... and that would be the end of the drive out there...

El Paso is more than 400 miles further than Albany...

And the worst part is the drive from San Antonio to El Paso... 7 hours through nothing... few exits on I-10... few small towns... and that would be the end of the drive out there...

ok...all i'm saying is, yes cross country trips are long, and a pain in the ass. but i've done it before and it can be done. regardless if there's nothing on the side of the road or not. If your up for it then lets do it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

I can't afford to fly there and get a hotel...but i'd be willing to drive/split gas and hotel costs/ and room with someone if there serious about going and driving if there's no other means of getting there. I'd rather not take a bus and everything i've seen as far as taking a train is almost as expensive as taking a plane.

I'm all for taking my car, but i'm driving a 2dr honda accord. it definetly won't fit 4 people and luggage comfortably...

so if anyones serious, reply to this and lets get the ball rolling. I really wanna go to el paso, if anyone else is with me then lets do this.

Bryan.

Thats the last thing I want to do. Will look at flights first. But I may be game.

Bryan.

Thats the last thing I want to do. Will look at flights first. But I may be game.

yeah me too. Just found flights outta southwest. Jan 28th $238 there leave on the 3rd and its $139 to leave

alltogether round-tripper for 377 not including tax. honestly i'd rather pay for gas and deal with driving for a day or so...and build some friendships.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Bryan.

yeah me too. Just found flights outta southwest. Jan 28th $238 there leave on the 3rd and its $139 to leave

alltogether round-tripper for 377 not including tax. honestly i'd rather pay for gas and deal with driving for a day or so...and build some friendships.

How much will it cost to drive?

Bryan.

How much will it cost to drive?

idk....depends on how many tanks of gas, how much gas is and how much you like to eat.  :)

lets see.

15 gallon tank times 30 mpg highway =450 miles a tank est. 1700 miles one way is about 5 tanks of gas. i'm taking a guess here that the most we'd pay for gas around xmas is 3.40 so...

3.40 per gallon x 15gallon gas tank= $51 to fill up

10 tanks round trip is $510

$510/4 people is approx 127.50 a person round trip maximum on gas...

that doesn't include possible car rental fee/food/hotel/tickets(if you don't have them) and your entertainment costs....

but you can always buy 1 hotel room, get free tickets and obviously split 50 a day rental over 3 or 4 days or whatever.

so i think(and don't quote me on this) a maximum amount your looking at is $350 or less for the whole trip. which is still less than a flight.

Archived