• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Bowl projections

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Hawaii will make the BCS.  Agree NCG is WVU vs OSU as long as LSU wins SEC, OK wins B12 and WVU wins BE.  None are guaranteed.  And I believe Rose keeps thier traditional matchup of B10 & Pac10 - OR vs IL.  If not OR vs HI is a good matchup.  Sugar takes LSU vs USC or BC.  Fiesta takes OK vs HI or USC.  Orange Bowl winner of VA/VT vs GA maybe FL.  Not sure OR can win two games w/o thier star QB though.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

National championship game

West Virginia vs. Ohio State

Rose Bowl would then get the first pick, who I think will be Georgia

USC vs. Georgia

Fiesta Bowl gets next pick and takes Arizona State

Oklahoma vs. Arizona State

Orange Bowl gets the next pick and I think they choose Texas (who I think will stay in the top 18 even after today)

Virginia Tech vs. Texas

Sugar Bowl gets the final pick and their choices are whittled down to taking a Big East, Big 10 or ACC team, which means its down to probably BC, Virginia, Illinois and USF. I don't think they'll take an ACC team so it probably comes down to Illinois and USF. Both teams at that point would be 9-3 with a win over the NC participant, I don't know how the Illini travel but I hope USF has the edge based on proximity.

Is this a valid scenario or am I just dreaming?

The second big 12 team will not be Texas........ there is no way.  If the big 12 gets 2 teams into BCS bowls one of those teams has to be Mizzo or Kansas. They are 4 and 2 right now, respectively, in the polls.  One of those two teams is only going to have one more loss, at the most, and it will be in the big 12 championship game to oklahoma.

Texas had two feet out the door before they even played today.

Archived