• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what has PITT done?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

a few PITT fans have jumped on USF as a poor addition to the BE and hints the we bring nothing to the football table.

i have a few questions i hope a PITT fan answers.

i will make it easy and post usf's answers

1. National Championship                USF= 0   PITT=?

2. played in NC game                       USF= 0   PITT=?

3. played in bcs bowl                       USF= 0    PITT= ?

4. undefeated seasons                    USF= 0   PITT= ?

5. 1 loss seasons                             USF= 0   PITT= ?

6. top 5 finishes                               USF= 0    PITT= ?

7. in NC race in NOV.                        USF= 0    PITT= ?

Finally, in my opinion if PITT had been competetive at the highest level in football the BE BCS bid would not be questioned, in some repects PITT's failure made it possible for USF's invite.

PS this is not a rag on PITT fans in general i just want to know what the facts are

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

talk

that is it

we will beat them again

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

far be it for me to ever take up for Pitt, but I will answer a couple of the questions.

They have had 1 National Championship Season (a second when they finished #1 in one poll), They have had 1 undefeated season. They have had 2 one loss seasons. they have played for the NC 2 times. They have played in several bowls which are now bcs bowls including the Sugar and Rose. (Since the bcs has been around, only Miami has gone from the Big East). They have had several top five finishes, althoug I don't know how many, and I am sure they have been in the National Championship picture at least once in Nov. They also have alums like Marino, Dorsette, and Ditka to trot out.

That being said, much of their glory is past glory. The only differecne between them and USF is time and opportunity.

That's the key for the Big East. The time is now, and we have the opportunity to show that we are legit or not. Let's not bicker amongst ourselves. Beat Pitt, then pray that they win all their out of conference games and lose only to Usf and of course WVU. That makes helps the league overall which helps the perception of USF. We should want the same for all of the Big East schools next year. We must win our games outside the conference and win bowl games to be taken seriously. All of us.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

i'm with ya charlott eer, I think we'll beat them, but i will definitely root for a major turn around for pitt afterwards.  

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  49

. (Since the bcs has been around, only Miami has gone from the Big East).

Syracuse and VT have also played in at least 2 bcs bowls a peice.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

Actually cuseroc, you're half right.

Since the bcs started in 1998, Cue and VT each have been to a bcs bowl 1 time. The other years Miami was the Big East bcs rep.

If you go back to the bowl alliance starting in 1992 and count up till now, Cuse and Vt each have been 2 times, and WVU has been 1 time with Miami claiming the remaining spots.

The category in question was the BCS however, so it's only been 1 time a piece for cuse and Vt, not 2.

Either way, I stand corrected.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Pitt has done some good things in football and basketball this past year. However, it is really not fair to rip the USF football program because we just did not have time to accomplish much. We did beat Pitt a few years ago though. Hopefully, we can do it again on 9/6. I feel that USF will eventually become a power in football if they play their cards right.  Furthermore, I believe the BIG EAST can really become stronger with the new additions in a short amount of time. We all know that UL is on their way up while UC seems to have hired a coach from Ohio St that should help. UCONN looks to be a good addition as well if they continue to have seasons like they did last season. The future is bright for the BIG EAST.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  40

I really like that positive outlook. I feel the same way. There will be not one football team in the NBE without great potential and opportunity. It should be very interesting to watch the BE in the next 5 years. To watch the new rivalries develop and grow. I believe it will affect UofL's, Cincinnatti, and USF's football programs in big ways.

College football has been changing more and more over the years, and the new changes take the sport into an entirely different direction for a lot of schools. I don't think things are getting worse, I think Big East Football is just now beginning!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

big east will do well in future

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

The Bulls have been playing football for how many years now?  About eight isn't it?  So it might not be the best comparison to look at each school's football history, especially based on the following facts.  Pittsburgh has been playing football for so long that when they played their first game, Florida was nothing more than a swamp crisscrossed by dirt roads.  Pitt has won nine National Championships, seven undefeated seasons, 23 bowl appearences, 84 first team All Americans, who have been recepients of the Maxwell Award, The Walter Camp Award, The Outland Throphy,The Biletnikoff Award, The Lombardi Award and of course the Heisman.  Did you ever hear of "Pop Warner" Football?  Well he gained his fame coaching football at the University of Pittsburgh.  To name drop a few others, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Mark May, Mike Ditka, Curtis Martin and watch out for what Larry Fitzgerald is going to do to the NFL record books when he grows up.  Any more questions?