• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is no way possible that Heath does not get the Bulls to MSG in 09

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I really like the current system, because it raises the stakes in the regular season.

You'd better play your tails off to NOT be one of those four bottom teams in the regular season.

When this is changed next season, that will eliminate that dynamic.

AND ITS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT TO MAKE IT.

You should have to earn it. Even Sports is getting Liberal.

This is like Welfare.

:D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Are there any other conferences that don't send all the teams to the conf tourney?

i dont think so

Then I don't see what the big deal is. It's the beauty of college basketball.... Every team in the country has a chance to get to the Big Dance and win it all.

So what is the point of the regular season?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

How about we get there this year!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Are there any other conferences that don't send all the teams to the conf tourney?

i dont think so

Then I don't see what the big deal is. It's the beauty of college basketball.... Every team in the country has a chance to get to the Big Dance and win it all.

So what is the point of the regular season?

The new system sets up two tiers of byes, with the league's bottom eight teams playing on the first day of the tournament. Those four winners then play the teams seeded fifth through eighth -- essentially what is the first day of the tournament under the current format -- with those four winners then facing the top four seeds.

It's probably the same setup that most other conference tourneys use ......

And you wonder why you two have the reputation of being chronic ***** and moaners? This is really not that big of a deal and has zero negative implications for USF, yet you guys are whining about it.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

about time

all teams should play

• Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

I like the new rule.

Step up in March, you have a shot.  Many underdogs from other conferences made it to the big dance by winning their conference tournaments.  This is what makes March MADNESS

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And you wonder why you two have the reputation of being chronic ***** and moaners? This is really not that big of a deal and has zero negative implications for USF, yet you guys are whining about it.

Your definition of "whining" is very curious, indeed.

Yes, flsportsfan83 and I (as well as almost everyone else) do "whine" from time to time, but having a legitimate discussion about the merits and drawbacks of both systems is "whining" to you.

:pick :Flossing

But you wouldn't be whining about that.............would you TripleB??

:wah

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I really like the current system, because it raises the stakes in the regular season.

You'd better play your tails off to NOT be one of those four bottom teams in the regular season.

Doesn't make sense. 

You have incentive all season to play to win every game so that you are seeded higher in the tournament.  It's natural.  This new way is better in that it rewards those that are the best instead of penalizing the others.  I'm sure it will help with tournament ticket sales too.  Why would I buy them if there is a chance my team won't go?  Ticket requests had to be paid and mailed October 31!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Doesn't make sense. 

You have incentive all season to play to win every game so that you are seeded higher in the tournament.  It's natural.  This new way is better in that it rewards those that are the best instead of penalizing the others.  I'm sure it will help with tournament ticket sales too.  Why would I buy them if there is a chance my team won't go?  Ticket requests had to be paid and mailed October 31!!!

Just my opinion, but "seeding" does not matter nearly as much to those bottom 4-6 teams as the prospect of being on the bubble not to even make it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

You're seldom ever right, so differing with me is fine.  :D

With your logic we should suspend the tournament altogether and just send the league winner, if they've won all their games.   

If excluding teams from a conference tournament were the right thing to do, the BE wouldn't be changing it.  At least they can recognize the error in their ways. 

Archived