• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

does it bother anyone when you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

see nba players playing for their homeland against US

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I like to see them play for their Countries. I am glad that our soccer players that play in the real leagues around the world play for USA in national matches too.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the NBA.  I would love nothing more than to see every other country in the Olympics whip the crap out of our overpaid team full of "athletes" who don't give a frickin flip about the sport.

Go Italy!   ;D

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I like it how it is... i'd like to see the best from each country play against each other.  If that means Lithuania ends up with a better team than the US... so be it.

I also don't blame people from not going to Athens.  Reporters are paid to go, athletes are not.  If someone is scared of terrorism, don't go... no big deal.  Athens is way too close to all the bad chit going down for me to want to be there, so i certainly can't hold US athletes with millions of dollars (prime targets) to a different standard.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

I like it how it is... i'd like to see the best from each country play against each other.  If that means Lithuania ends up with a better team than the US... so be it.

I also don't blame people from not going to Athens.  Reporters are paid to go, athletes are not.  If someone is scared of terrorism, don't go... no big deal.  Athens is way too close to all the bad chit going down for me to want to be there, so i certainly can't hold US athletes with millions of dollars (prime targets) to a different standard.

Bill simmons PAGE2 had a nice quote on that sentiment today.

For months and months, I assumed he was one of the guys who rejected Team USA because of the whole "I'm afraid of spending two weeks in Athens for security reasons, yet I'm perfectly fine going to clubs frequented by gangbangers and drug dealers" logic that makes the NBA so oddly enjoyable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040804

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

thats pretty funny  ;D

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

does it bother anyone when you see nba players playing for their homeland against US

What an asinine question. Are you suggesting Europeans be forced to renounce their citizenship if they want to play in the NBA? And what of Vince Carter, who plays for Toronto? People play pro sports in other countries all the time. It's not a big deal. Dirk Nowitzki et al are competing against Americans in a game of basketball. They're not trying to kill Americans with rocket-powered grenades. Sheesh.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

What an asinine question. Are you suggesting Europeans be forced to renounce their citizenship if they want to play in the NBA? And what of Vince Carter, who plays for Toronto? People play pro sports in other countries all the time. It's not a big deal. Dirk Nowitzki et al are competing against Americans in a game of basketball. They're not trying to kill Americans with rocket-powered grenades. Sheesh.

No no no, Gary.  You're missing the Smazza logic.

Calling people un-patriotic is ok as long as it's not Bush doing it to drum up support for the Iraq war.  

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

The NBA sucks.  I havent watched a complete NBA game in over 7 years. Boring, boring basketball.  Nothing even closely resembling the excitement of college basketball.