• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reaction to Cinci

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Dont blame Gregory for that loss. If you do, you are an idiot and a half. Turnovers lost us this game, and to say Gregory did is BS. Now I will agree that in RU and UCONN it was very much on Gregory ( I dont want you guys to think I got a hard on for our OC), but the Cinci game was not his fault at all. I just hope the offense improves. A sidenote, how bad have the injurys really hurt this year... (Erskin, O-Line, TJ)

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that the turnovers did us in, but to take Taylor out after one fumble and him never touch the ball again and Ford only being in for one series (one of the few in which we looked like a real legitimate D-1 offense and we score) and we can't blame Gregory for that? We can't blame Gregory for running Grothe all over the field all the time and then wonder why he under throws receivers (because he is tired as Hell). We can't blame Gregory for the second rate commetators that could call what paly we were about to run? We can't blame Gregory for having Grothe throw the ball up the middle EVERY time? Come on now our play calling is the worst! Whats wrong with a go route for Mitchell who is the fastest guy on the team and faster than probably any DB that has covered him? All we run are crossing routes and they barely gain more yards than if we just had Ford run the ball up the gut. How bout a lateral pass to Denson and then let him take a shot at Mitchell or Bogan and throw that play right back in UC's face! I don't believe we should get rid of Gregory, but he needs to start grwoing into a D1 OC.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

A sidenote, how bad have the injurys really hurt this year... (Erskin, O-Line, TJ)

??? ??? ???

We've been VERY fortunate on the injury front this season.

I keep seeing everybody bemoaning the Erskin injury.  I understand the guy is fast and we were all curious to see what he could do, but this is a guy we hadn't gotten an ounce of production on coming into the season.  I don't see how we can say Erskin was a big loss.

Griffin is better than Capogna, so that's not a HUGE loss.

Huners was the biggest loss.

Walker & TJ are big losses, but just for 2-3 games.

We cannot blame losses on injuries, because we've been VERY healthy so far this year.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I don't believe we should get rid of Gregory, but he needs to start grwoing into a D1 OC.

Why do we have an offensive coordinator who needs "growing" on our clock??

Shouldn't an OC who needs "growing" at the D-1 level start out at a place like SMU, UTEP, or Rice??

Seems a Big East program may not be the best place for on-the-job training.

Call me crazy....

::)

• Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

If we can survive at Syracuse, which we should.  8 turnovers against Cincy, but at least 4 of those were the result of Cincy's defense, I don't see Syracuse having that talent on D, 3 interceptions with nothing tipped, and hard hitting, we get TJ back for home against UL, heading into Pitt, we'll have momentum.  TJ probably would have been the difference at Uconn & Cincy, I don't know too much about Erskin, but at one point TJ as the fastest reciever.  I see us winning out!  Go Bulls!!!

Archived