• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going to Sox game tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

My grandfather lived his whole life and didn't see a Sox WS win.

My dad turned 60 and hasn't seen one.

I'm almost 31 and haven't seen one.

Goddammit, my kid WILL be a Sox fan until they win the World Series.  Then, he can root for whoever the hell he wants afterwards.  He's NOT breaking the family tradition.   ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

lol.   My Grandfather was born in '24... was a sox pitching prospect, but gave up baseball to help out his dad on his farm.  He was recruited pretty hard but family ruled out, coming from such a small town.  From talking to his friends and himself, he would have made it.  He got me into the sox early on, took me to games, went to my little league games, bought me baseball cards all the time... It was very easy to get addicted to the sox.  It is a fever up there... you just don't see that anywhere else that i have been, except maybe chicago.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

It is America so of course a person can cheer for whoever they want.  

I just hope when and if you have children they enjoy the HOME team as much as you did when you grew up.  I guess over time it takes championships to create a fan base.  

As for the Indians fans I have several of them as friends so I agree with you there.  I can't convert them either but I will keep trying.

I grew up in Mass and am also Pats/Sox/Bruins/celts fan. I will never change and I dont like the local teams here. I do kinda like the Rays cuz they still stink and did like the Bucs and Lightning when they stunk.  Now that all the bandwagon fans have jumped on the bus I jumped off. Red Sox fans love the sox every year and most people in Tampa only love their teams when they are winning.  My son was born in Florida and he likes all the same teams as me. I didnt force it on him but he likes them.  My dad is a cowboy/lakers/dodgers fan and he has lived in Mass his whole life.  If you are a USF fan and move to LA will you become a UCLA fan?

My grandfather lived his whole life and didn't see a Sox WS win.

My dad turned 60 and hasn't seen one.

I'm almost 31 and haven't seen one.

Goddammit, my kid WILL be a Sox fan until they win the World Series.  Then, he can root for whoever the hell he wants afterwards.  He's NOT breaking the family tradition.   ;D

My dad is a dodgers fan. He still likes the sox deep down. I was turned on to thje sox by my grandmother I guess. She died a couple of years ago and hoped her whole life to see the sox win a WS. I hope in my life I see that. My cousin is one of the directors for the sox so I am setup if they make the playoffs. I was at the zimmer/pedro game last year and was sitting right where the action was. I had stephen king sitting a couple of rows in front of me. I pray I have to buy tix for WS this year.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128

I used to call it bandwagon fans but you have to build a base somewhere or people like you and many others that already have a team will never really care much for this team.  It becomes bandwagon when they start to lose again and people stop supporting them and I don't mean by going to games but they start cheering for other teams.  Let's face it the majority of people around here are from another place so the 'passion' is not as great so it must be built.  I can respect sox and cubs fans who go thru no championships forever.  I do believe it must be easy to be a Yankee fan though.  Traditions must be built.  I guess by living here all my life I have been able to grow with all the pro teams and now I get to enjoy the early years of the Bulls.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

yes, i believe there are many many who pick the yankees as "their" team just because they win so often.

I feel blessed that i was able to be here from the start with the bulls... that makes it that much more special... allegiance is rooted deep.

I used to call it bandwagon fans but you have to build a base somewhere or people like you and many others that already have a team will never really care much for this team.  It becomes bandwagon when they start to lose again and people stop supporting them and I don't mean by going to games but they start cheering for other teams.  Let's face it the majority of people around here are from another place so the 'passion' is not as great so it must be built.  I can respect sox and cubs fans who go thru no championships forever.  I do believe it must be easy to be a Yankee fan though.  Traditions must be built.  I guess by living here all my life I have been able to grow with all the pro teams and now I get to enjoy the early years of the Bulls.  

A couple of quotes I have heard many times.

God is obviously a Yankee fan.

The easiest thing in sports? Being a yankee fan.

I recall a moment when I was in 3rd grade like it was yesterday. A kid in our class wore a Yankee hat to school and another student put the hat in one of those huge old school paper cutters with the two foot long blade and shredded the hat. Not one student in the class gave the shredder up. Moral of the story, Don't wear a friggin yankee hat to school in massachusetts.