• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS and other teams question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

Do the BCS computers take into account the rank of the team when the game is played or what they are ranked at the end of the season (or do they not consider the team's rank at all)?  For instance, assume UConn is ranked 23 this week and we beat them and they end the season unranked (they lose the rest of their games).  Do we get credit for beating #23 UConn or just for beating unranked UConn?  Thanks.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I think it does because that is why they rank us so high. I really believe it does look at Strength of Schedule and at the wins.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

They take into account the records (or rankings according to THAT computer) of teams after you beat them. So, the computers are saying we lost to a 5-2 Rutgers team.

If we beat #23 UConn next week and they drop out of the poll, then we simply beat an unranked team. If we beat #1 Ohio State and they fall to #5, then we beat a #5 team (or a top 5 team).

If you look at the Sagarin rankings from week to week (like I do) you'll see the columns for "Top 10 Teams" and "Top 30 teams". Those change every week depending if the team that beat you or that you beat is still in the top 10 or 30.

Archived