• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

we are not assured a spot in the BCS because we are top 12.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers would have the auto bid to the BCS even with 2 losses. (only 1 is a BE loss).

Exactly!  What Joey was stating in the first place before thebouncer went off on him.  The point you missed was that we really need WV to beat Rutgers to make it official.  We lost last night, there's nothing we can do about that.  We need to win out and GO WVU!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

We don't control our destiny, if Rutgers also wins out in conference play they win the conference. Go Mountaineers!

--Joey

If Rutgers wins out, they'd still have 2 losses on the season. That means if we both win out, 2 BE teams may get BCS bids, because we'll be a one-loss team likely still ranked in the  top-12 and ironically ahead of Rutgers. In addition, depending on who is available for at-large bids, I can tell you that the Orange Bowl committee would love to have us play in their game, and would likely pick us over Rutgers (if they can... they get first pick this year, and if there's a rule allowing them to defer the automatic BCS bid to the Big East champ to another bowl, I'm sure they would). They know BC and Rutgers don't travel well, and they know we would travel well (certainly if no other time than in-state).

I'd say that if we win out, we're in all likelihood looking at an Orange Bowl bid (which would be AMAZING), despite whether it's WVU or Rutgers that wins out.

you are making alot of assumptions

• Content Count:  2

I'm I the only one who thought the calls of last nights game vs Rutgers totally sucked.  USF should have won easily but even they cannot win when the officials are against you.  GO BULLS.  I'm watching the Uconn game now who should we be rooting for U conn or L ville in this one?

• Content Count:  66

Rutgers would have the auto bid to the BCS even with 2 losses. (only 1 is a BE loss).

Exactly!  What Joey was stating in the first place before thebouncer went off on him.  The point you missed was that we really need WV to beat Rutgers to make it official.  We lost last night, there's nothing we can do about that.  We need to win out and GO WVU!

Thanks man.

Thinking...what a concept  ::)

--Joey

• Content Count:  341

I'm I the only one who thought the calls of last nights game vs Rutgers totally sucked.  USF should have won easily but even they cannot win when the officials are against you.  GO BULLS.  I'm watching the Uconn game now who should we be rooting for U conn or L ville in this one?

uconn is leading the big east right now so i'd say root for UL

Archived