• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

H.O.T. brought down the house!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, these kids played their hearts out!  With the exceptions of coming into the stands from pre-game and half-time, leaving for half-time and a couple of water breaks, H.O.T. was constantly playing and on top of their game.

The half-time show was smokin'! I'm actually jealous that I wasn't out ont he field because they were bustin' a solid groove out there.

And for those that stayed and witnessed the combined USF/UCF band performance outside the stadium, H*%y C#*p!!!  ;D  600 musicians blew everyone's eardrums out!

Keep up the great work

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,307

I wanted to stay...but the heat was making me sick.  Went straight to my car, blasted the A/C and took forever to get home because of all the traffic...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

While I like HOT and my wife is an alum of Hot, would it be too much to ask for a different halftime show? Queen is getting old.... Our team strives to step up it's game.... HOT should too. Many major college bands do a new show every game or atleast every other game. Just an observation....

• Content Count:  9,759

Its great to hear that HOT brought down the house, but in the SE corner of the stadium we AGAIN couldn't hear them AT ALL.  I'm OK with it in 50 point victories but somebody needs to mic that band for all the fans in the South part of the stadium so we can hear them.  As far as I'm concerned, the UCF band was better because that is all I heard.  Honestly I didn't hear HOT until about the 2 minute mark of the 4th Quarter.

• Content Count:  1,532

I agree, I HATE that song now...  HOT played it just the other year when I was in the band.  C'MON!

• Content Count:  4

Actually this is only the second time they have played the Queen show at home, and college bands don't play a new show every game.This is the second show of the year,  HOT works their butts off everyweek for these shows! The reason the fans are so into the game and the team has done well is because of the HOT band!!! They step it up every game! Way to go HOT!!!

While I like HOT and my wife is an alum of Hot, would it be too much to ask for a different halftime show? Queen is getting old.... Our team strives to step up it's game.... HOT should too. Many major college bands do a new show every game or atleast every other game. Just an observation....

If you were at the FAU game, then yes you heard H.O.T. play the Queen show three times.  The only other time you'll hear that show again is if they vote for it to perform at a bowl game. They will be performing their 3rd show for Ciny and UL.

Its great to hear that HOT brought down the house, but in the SE corner of the stadium we AGAIN couldn't hear them AT ALL.  I'm OK with it in 50 point victories but somebody needs to mic that band for all the fans in the South part of the stadium so we can hear them.  As far as I'm concerned, the UCF band was better because that is all I heard.  Honestly I didn't hear HOT until about the 2 minute mark of the 4th Quarter.

Appreciate the comments, but I think the staff will only mic for ESPN.  Mic'ing a band through the PA system is not cool....Just look at Miami's band...

Back on topic....HOT kicked @$$ !!!!! :cheers

Actually this is only the second time they have played the Queen show at home, and college bands don't play a new show every game.This is the second show of the year,  HOT works their butts off everyweek for these shows! The reason the fans are so into the game and the team has done well is because of the HOT band!!! They step it up every game! Way to go HOT!!!

Ok... I wasn't going to play the card but you pushed... FSU plays a new show every home game.

If you were at the FAU game, then yes you heard H.O.T. play the Queen show three times.  The only other time you'll hear that show again is if they vote for it to perform at a bowl game. They will be performing their 3rd show for Ciny and UL.

That explains it... we were at the FAU game.... And while I agree that HOT does work hard, my HS band practiced more times a week...

Ok... I wasn't going to play the card but you pushed... FSU plays a new show every home game.

It's tradition for H.O.T. to perform the following:

Pregame show

1st / 2nd Home Game: Show #1

3rd / 4th Home Game: Show #2

5th / 6th Home Game: Show #3

If a road trip falls withing 1/2, 3/4 or 5/6, then that is the show they will perform.  The logic for the 2 games per show is to play one show to the West and the other the East giving all fans an opportunity to enjoy the full impact of the show.

Then there may be 1 or 2 exhibition shows at HS band competitions where we've combined shows to creat a 15-20 minute set which will also include some of our popular stand tunes.

For the little time that they have to rehearse during the semester, they work their tails off!

I have to give props to H.O.T. for their sound is so balanced and dark. It makes me proud to be an alumnus of USF and H.O.T. to hear a high quality product in the stands and the field!

GO BULLS!

Archived