• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I realize it's Football season but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Is anyone at USF looking forward to basketball season? I can see how it is playing second fiddle right now but I figured I would see maybe a little discussion with the season a month away. I know USF isn't very competitive in the BE, but college bball is great especially against the top competition that is the BE. Also this is probably a very stupid question to ask but since I have never been to a USF bball game, is the student section any good? If not, hopfully the intensity will carry over for a little bit with the new school spirit that football has brought. Sorry this was probably a horrible post for you regulars, but I'm a newbie and want to learn. Thanks.

• Content Count:  2,118

sure, but basketball season is in the back of my mind right now. Just hope the team can build on their improvement.

Guess there's my answer.

• Content Count:  3,103

Student section is decent, sit behind the basket with SBC if you want to have a great time.  When I was there last year I made sure that area was rocking and crazy.  Hopefully the SBC members I have taught will continue my ways.

Alright that is what I figured, an average student section. Just wondering what to expect when I attend my first game this year since my sister's fiance is in graduate school at USF now and I'm looking. Thanks for the response.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No! Our football team is #5 in the nation.  I would never look forward for this dream to be over just to watch our wonderful wonderful basketball team.

• Content Count:  1,457

Basketball is fun but Football is better.  I'll tune in after January 2008 is done.

• Content Count:  936

Basketball is fun but Football is better.  I'll tune in after January 2008 is done.

Agreed.

College Football (specifically USF Football) takes over my life this time of year.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Agreed.

College Football (specifically USF Football) takes over my life this time of year.

In case you don't already know, you can watch the Men's Basketball team practice this friday night from 6-8 PM.  That won't interfere with the football game, and it will give you an opportunity to check out the Sun Dome and get to see our current team and new head coach:

MBB Meets With The Media 

Courtesy: USF

Release: 10/09/2007

Kentrell Gransberry and the Bulls begin practice Friday 

The University of South Florida men’s basketball team and new head coach Stan Heath met with the media today in advance of its first official practice on Friday, Oct. 12, from 6-8 p.m. at the USF Sun Dome. The practice is open to the public and admission to the event is free.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1265146

• Content Count:  39

Win or lose, the basketball games are fun.  The kids play their hearts out.  The student sections are raucous.  The Pep band completes the atmosphere.  The Sun Dome is a great venue.  Not a bad seat in the house.  With all the buzz from football season and the new coach, I bet the crowds are larger than last year.  With a few wins it would not suprise me to see a significant attendance spike.  I think the football season has shown there is a significant Bulls fan base waiting in the wings.  Maybe soon basketball will be the next hot ticket.

Archived