• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Companion tickets - a sad sight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Companion tickets sold out.

The person who I was supposed to go to the game with is still waiting in line for student tickets and has people walking by them trying to sell the companion tickets for $50 a pop.  Really ashamed for the students.  They are screwing over other fans to make a quick buck.

Athletics must do something.  Every single person buying a companion ticket and then turning around holding them hostage is not right.  :nope

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796

Those students that are turning around and selling them should be reported to UPD for scalping tickets, and athletics should revoke their ticket privlage for further games.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, this one hurts.  I have a lot alumni friends that were depending on companion tickets.  This almost assures that the student section won't be as packed as it can be.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

They should just shut down companion tickets altogether and tell them that if people hadn't scalped the companion tickets, they'd still sell them. Let the students punish themselves on this one.

• Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  0

Those students that are turning around and selling them should be reported to UPD for scalping tickets, and athletics should revoke their ticket privlage for further games.

Unfortunately scalping tickets is not illegal in FL anymore.

• Content Count:  136

Now that there are not any tickets left in Tampa I'll need to try to buy one for a friend who can't get off work like me tomorrow at a satellite campus. We both would've gone today, but double the amount of people in line are getting tickets...

• Content Count:  19

Those clever little violation!  I'm not sure whether to be angry with them or give them props for finding a way to make a quick buck. 

...Ok - I'd be pissed.

• Content Count:  3,048

Those clever little violation!  I'm not sure whether to be angry with them or give them props for finding a way to make a quick buck. 

...Ok - I'd be pissed.

Props for a quick buck would be great if they weren't directly screwing the other students still waiting in line.  Some people will do anything for a few bucks.  Am I that naive to think that maybe someone would put their fellow students first?  I'm really disgusted.

Hey, while I don't approve, I have paid over 600 dollars this semester for books and class supplies.

Bad ethics isn't students trying to get beer money, it's a guy running an online class with 750 students that sells a book he wrote (that sucks) for 200 bucks. Oh, and you need a new key code to do you homework, so even if you buy it used, you still need to pay 90 bucks for a code.

Math class? I now how remote controlled clickers I'll never use again for anything in my major...

• Content Count:  7,796

You want to know the one thing that really pissed me off. I got in line at 11:00am. A group of 3 girls showed up right after me. By 1:30, it was 30 of their sorority sisters, who were all getting companion tickets for the rest of the sorority. I don't mind getting the tickets like that, but it was that they all jumped in line infront of several hundered people. This is why they need a sign-in sheet or a number system to prevent this sort of thing.

The other thing that's bugging me is the times being changed. When you say tickets go out at 6:00, stick with 6:00. Don't go early just because you can. If you start going early, then people will start getting there earlier. People start getting their earlier, you start moving the time up earlier. 6:00, no if ands or buts.

Archived