• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford / GIVE FORD THE DANG BALL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

I was one of the ones that made the trip down to the high school field known as Lockhart Stadium.  I was also one of the ones calling to see Mike Ford carry the ball.  Had I known Leavitt suspended him one game for missing classes, I wouldn't have had any problem with him sitting out the game.  This isn't UF, where off-field issues get swept under the rug.

Good game by B Williams.  He carried the load against FAU and got the job done.

Sidebar:  Which one among us hasn't skipped a class here and there during college. (or stole a car!)

You skipped a class?  i hope it wasn't an important lecture about bridge safety.  Which bridges are you working on again?  i need to take some detours.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Thank you for enlightening me.  But I have to ask then, why would he dress out if he was never going to play anyway?

You’re not alone... We were all scratching our heads when we (my group) found out after the game

No clue why he 1) traveled with the team and 2) dressed for the game.

a wise coach like jl (psych degree) does not bury a kid for a mistake, he give him the stick of not playing, but give him the carrot of traveling and hearing the fans call for him. this amounts to a swift kick in the pants..if Ford responds well, JL may just have unleased a laser focused superstar and the rest will be history.

missing class can cover a wide range of issues so final thoughts will have to wait for facts.

that said...i am beginning to have my doubts about ford's  judgement (and ability to remain on this team long term) this reminds me too much of C4. What will happen when Amarri leaves will Ford move forward or fall apart.

I hope and wish the best for this young man, great story, he has overcome much, and i hope he will stand among the best USF has graduated like JR, Snake.

i wouldnt count on ford

receivers need to catch ball

hold on to ball

get open

Thank you for enlightening me.  But I have to ask then, why would he dress out if he was never going to play anyway?

good question

what a waste!

Ben Williams is not a Div 1 RB.

Ummm, yeahhhh, riiiiight.

THREE touchdowns.  Over 150 yards rushing.  Averaging over EIGHT yards per touch.

Not a Div. 1 RB?

Ummm, yeahhhh, riiiiight.

can't argue with williams' results

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

good question

what a waste!

He was dressed to send a message...  For those of us that sat behind the bench, you could see Ford was chomping at the bit to get in... On a positive note Ford was also the first one of the bench to congratulate the players after big plays!  He was dressed so he could see that he is not bigger than the team... Perhaps in High School he was told he could not play and still wound up playing?  I agree with him having dress and if he was pissed off by the whole thing then GOOD!

Archived