• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My WVU 2007 Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

After the best time I have had at a football game, I think I will always remember certain things about that night...

1.  The horrible traffic (accident on 275 before game) and how we barely got there in time to get food and get seated before the band came out.  I was starting to wonder if I was actually going to miss the beginning of the game.

2.  How obnoxious the WVU fans were before the game started.  While waiting in line to park, we actually had some drunken WVU fan stick his ugly mug in our car and "BOOOO" at us.  Good job guy.  Also while navigating the concessions area WVU fans were chanting loudly, taunting the USF fans, and acting like they owned the place.  USF fans were kind of just getting their stuff and ignoring the poor couch burners.  Still, I was not annoyed by any of this until they started chanting over the HOT pre-game show.  This really bothered me because it was kind of a big moment for us.  It was clear that they thought they were going to completely own the place. 

3.  Crowd participation.  This is the environment I have wanted since I have been coming to these games.  Everyone was up and screaming for every defensive play.  The crowd was so loud that I couldn't really hear the band or the PA announcer trying to talk.  The atmosphere was so perfect.  People are not going to want to come to this stadium if we can keep this up.

4.  Ben Moffitt's touchdown igniting the place and that sick look on WVU fans faces after that superpass to Carlton Mitchell.

5.  The death of the Pat White excuse.  Yeah we all know that the only way USF can beat WVU is if White and Slaton are hurt right?  Hmm... Your backup seemed to move the ball a lot better to me.  I kept asking for them to put that "Heisman candidate" back in the game because it was working out a lot better for us.

6.  The fans on the field and the total celebration.  The team pulled it off in the spotlight.

7.  All those cocky WVU fans taking their smoke and mirrors and going home.  This is why you don't come into someone else's house and disrespect them.  I hope we were able to provide a good lesson for you guys in addition to the humbling display put forth on your team.  This is football.  Either team can win if they play a better game.  No one is invincible and you are silly for thinking you were.  Maybe in the future, hold off on the Kool-Aid until you have played more than a few games.  Preseason rankings and hype mean nothing until it all shakes out.

GO BULLS!

Archived