• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East ours to lose?

bullsmania

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

After watching us beat WVU for the second time in a row, and watching UofL struggle, are we in the driver's seat for the BE championship?  Although Cincy, UConn and RU all look tough this year, I think we can play with those guys.  UofL does not scare me as much this year as they have in previous years.  Cincy is looking tough and they proved last year they can beat us, handily. 

Rutgers is getting handled right now and UConn really put it to akron earlier proving they can win big against the easier teams. 

Is the BE up for grabs or ours to lose now that we beat the front runner of the BE. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There isn't anyone left that we can't beat, and isn't anyone that can't beat us...

but we will be favored in all games as long as we keep winning.

Our defense will keep us in all the games, and if our offense puts up 21-24 pts or more, we shoudl win all of them... UL being the only game that we MAY NEED more than that from our offense.

I expect our defense to hold them to 21 or less too, but we know they can put up a ton of points... and we NEED to have lots of long drives against their swiss cheese defense.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

By the time Louisville comes to RayJay, our offense should (better) be running on all cylinders.  We can not afford to give away anything to any team we play from here on out.

Our defense can hang with ANY team in the country, of that I have no doubt.  A little more work needs to be done by offense and special teams.

Again, we have to keep those penalties to a minimum.  They have a way of getting in the way of progress!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

NOW BULLS are unfamilar role of front runners

cant wait to see how coaching staff and players react

it isnt so easy to be on top but bulls do belong and unless they have a break down they should remain

• Content Count:  2,719

it isnt so easy to be on top but bulls do belong and unless they have a break down they should remain

Steve, I am really glad to see your posts in a more positive light.  You are right, this is unfamiliar territory and it is up to the coaches to keep them focused and put the season into perspective.  This could be our year.  Maybe not undefeated, probably not Nat'l Champs, but definitely a BE title and a BCS bowl. 

It isn't easy being number 6, but your right again, they do belong.  I can't wait for each week to go by so I can see the next USF football game.  More so now than ever. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Steve, I am really glad to see your posts in a more positive light.  You are right, this is unfamiliar territory and it is up to the coaches to keep them focused and put the season into perspective.  This could be our year.  Maybe not undefeated, probably not Nat'l Champs, but definitely a BE title and a BCS bowl. 

It isn't easy being number 6, but your right again, they do belong.  I can't wait for each week to go by so I can see the next USF football game.  More so now than ever. 

it isnt hard to be positive

usf is a pleasure to watch

• Content Count:  64

By the time Louisville comes to RayJay, our offense should (better) be running on all cylinders.  We can not afford to give away anything to any team we play from here on out.

Our defense can hang with ANY team in the country, of that I have no doubt.  A little more work needs to be done by offense and special teams.

Again, we have to keep those penalties to a minimum.  They have a way of getting in the way of progress!!

I agree with most of what you said, but I think our offense has problems that may not be fixable this year.  We have a decent/serviceable running game, and our passing game shines against weaker teams, but WVU handled us for the most part.  We have to win games like the Bucs did years ago, we have an opportunistic offense that benefits from the defense.  Our defense can play with a lot of teams, but we haven't run into a team with a dominant passing game balanced with the run, so I wouldn't rush to say any.  WVU had virtually no passing game, and we matched up well with their speed and gimmick running game, but Louisville can and will put up points on us.  Look what WVU's backup QB did, they had over 400 yards of total offense.  It's a direct result of the offense not sustaining drives, and the defense being on the field too many plays that they wear down, and the other team gains traction against us.  I hope we can develop more of a ball control offense and take better care of the football, that way the defense can stay fresh.

Don't forget Rutgers either, they had a good downhill running game (unlike WVU's misdirection) last year with Ray Rice, which we struggled with.  When a team has a power back and runs straight at us, we aren't as effective because of the smaller defensive line and linebackers, but lucky for us Rutgers passing game seems weak to me.  We SHOULD be able to put 8 - 9 players in the "box" go man with the WR's on the outside with Allen and Williams, and hopefully that will neutralize Rice and force them to make Mike Teel beat us.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I sure hope you are wrong ITBULL regarding the unfixability of our offense. 

We always can use more work on every aspect of the game.  Just have to trust that CJL and company will be able to iron out the wrinkles timely.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

We always can use more work on every aspect of the game.  Just have to trust that CJL and company will be able to iron out the wrinkles timely.

GO BULLS!!

I think our offense is fine... What people are missing this year is the fact that we are using no trick/ gadget plays... Some were easily amused by R Smith's play calling and miss that.. I for one like Gregory's approach, give it time people the O will get going soon enough!

• Content Count:  37

GO BULLS!!

I think our offense is fine... What people are missing this year is the fact that we are using no trick/ gadget plays... Some were easily amused by R Smith's play calling and miss that.. I for one like Gregory's approach, give it time people the O will get going soon enough!

I dont think we have time to fix these things,we can not afford to lose a game.We played a very sloppy game on sat against FAU in fact all the games pretty much have been very sloppy. We HAVE to cut back on the turn overs they are going to catch up with us eventually! I have been wondering if we do lose a game to say UCF where would we be ranked I think 25 or out :Duh

Archived