• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got no Beef with the Studs...

80mins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

nothing wrong with a wave during a commercial break or timeout or anything like that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  958

nothing wrong with a wave during a commercial break or timeout or anything like that.

I think you missed the point, i already said people were doing the wave while USF was on the field playing.

The wave is never acceptable, and the USF fan base is very young(in terms of lack of tradition and pride), and thus enjoys doing the wave...

When we have a solid fan base, like that of Auburn, the wave will stop.  I don't even think UCF fans do the wave...

The wave needs to be phased out of our game day routine.

• Content Count:  866

We actually started doing it at basketball during the Greenbergopolis era Faza, just translated it to football.  And I think it's a fun thing to do, especially when you're up 34 late.  We always tried to do it during a media timeout so you miss as little of the game as possible.  I know I could get all the way around the Sun Dome during the under 4 media timeout in basketball!

As far as the wave... I think it makes us look bush league, but others are entitled to disagree.  If you're up with a big lead late, or there's a stoppage in the game for whatever reason (that's not an injured player), I would guess it's harmless.  However there is NO EXCUSE for starting a wave when we have the ball!  Our students need to be much more cognizant of the game situation regarding time, score, and down and distance, and the leaders of groups like the Beef Studs and Student Bulls Club need to be the leaders on this.  Somebody yelling "We Have The Ball!!!" and encouraging others likewise would help, but tackling the idiot who's trying to start the wave probably works better. 

Grothe was signaling for everyone to quiet down late in the 2nd quarter yesterday, and our students we're still waiting for the wave to come back around, then yelling as loud as they could.  We've come a helluva long way as a fan base, but that's a clown college move. 

• Content Count:  635

I think you missed the point, i already said people were doing the wave while USF was on the field playing.

The wave is never acceptable, and the USF fan base is very young(in terms of lack of tradition and pride), and thus enjoys doing the wave...

When we have a solid fan base, like that of Auburn, the wave will stop.  I don't even think UCF fans do the wave...

sorry, but i disagree. yes, don't do it when the offense is on the field or during an important part of the game, yada yada yada, gotcha, duh. but why phase it out entirely? you said it there, "they enjoy doing the wave." then....let them keep doing it if they enjoy it.

i don't care if Auburn does it or doesn't do it, what's that have to do with anything? do we have to conform to their standards because "that's the way it is in college football"? please. who cares? it's harmless. it doesn't affect the performance on the field and the fans like it, so whatever.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

As far as the wave... I think it makes us look bush league, but others are entitled to disagree.  If you're up with a big lead late, or there's a stoppage in the game for whatever reason (that's not an injured player), I would guess it's harmless.  However there is NO EXCUSE for starting a wave when we have the ball!  Our students need to be much more cognizant of the game situation regarding time, score, and down and distance, and the leaders of groups like the Beef Studs and Student Bulls Club need to be the leaders on this.  Somebody yelling "We Have The Ball!!!" and encouraging others likewise would help, but tackling the idiot who's trying to start the wave probably works better. 

Grothe was signaling for everyone to quiet down late in the 2nd quarter yesterday, and our students we're still waiting for the wave to come back around, then yelling as loud as they could.  We've come a helluva long way as a fan base, but that's a clown college move.

Clown college move is way too nice... Some students on the other end from the Beef Studs actually tied to get it going in the first quarter .....

And the one that DID finally get going when WE had the ball, stopped when we went on defense .... freaking brilliant.

• Content Count:  958

sorry, but i disagree. yes, don't do it when the offense is on the field or during an important part of the game, yada yada yada, gotcha, duh. but why phase it out entirely? you said it there, "they enjoy doing the wave." then....let them keep doing it if they enjoy it.

i don't care if Auburn does it or doesn't do it, what's that have to do with anything? do we have to conform to their standards because "that's the way it is in college football"? please. who cares? it's harmless. it doesn't affect the performance on the field and the fans like it, so whatever.

Of course you disagree, because the wave makes you giggle...

You are really missing the point, boy.  People should be enjoying the game, not the stupid wave.

People who are passionate about their University and their college football team don't do the wave.  Thats why Auburn fans (some of the best and classiest in the country) don't do it, nor does any other major college football programs fan base.  We are big time now, and we need to act like it.  Stand the whole game (I'm sure you're in the student section like me), pound the wall or chairs and scream your lungs out while were on defense, STFU while we are one offense, and get there early and don't leave until the clock hits zero.  It's embarrassing that we are on national TV people are doing the wave in the first quarter, as if USF football is some kind of joke.  Get with the program, man.

Archived