• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Home Games vs. Pay Games

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,579
  • Days Won:  29

Just want to ask those that have the numbers, Jim  ;)

We only have 2 more games that are "pay dates" ... and figure the UF games are about $500K.

Now I would assume that nobody wants to have us as their OOC "easy" schedule anymore, so this discussion may be mute, but:

How much money do we "gross" with a home game with 40K fans ?

I think financially, it is better for us to have home & away games with the "middle of the pack" teams than playing against a big team on the road for a 1 game deal. Just curious so I have my "guns loaded" for this discussion.

ET - I don't really have the numbers... but you can do some simple assumptions...

With 30,000 paid tickets and 10,000 students... and an average of $27 per ticket you get $810,000 gross.

For Elon the announced attendance as around 33,000 and there were some 8,600 students ... that's around 24,000 paid tickets... for a gross tickets sales of around $650,000... if USF paid Elon $300,000 and rented RayJay for $120,000 then USF's "profit" was around $230,000 for that game.

The numbers are REALLY crude and probably missing something... but it can give you a ball park figure...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

ET - I don't really have the numbers... but you can do some simple assumptions...

With 30,000 paid tickets and 10,000 students... and an average of $27 per ticket you get $810,000 gross.

For Elon the announced attendance as around 33,000 and there were some 8,600 students ... that's around 24,000 paid tickets... for a gross tickets sales of around $650,000... if USF paid Elon $300,000 and rented RayJay for $120,000 then USF's "profit" was around $230,000 for that game.

The numbers are REALLY crude and probably missing something... but it can give you a ball park figure...

Does USF get any concessions revenue, or is that all daddy Glazer?

Does USF get any concessions revenue, or is that all daddy Glazer?

IF USF fans pay more than $2 million in parking and concessions, then USF gets the amount over $2M.  It's never happened.  That's an average of $30 per person at 65,000 fans.

The Bucs get the first $2 M in parking and concessions for every non-Bucs event at the stadium.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

That's an average of $30 per person at 65,000 fans.

4 beers per fan should do it. :)

Archived