• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone for Golf? Men's and Women's Team in action...

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF

USF MEN'S GOLF

Men’s Golf In Alabama Sept. 17-18

TAMPA, Fla. – The University of South Florida men’s golf team will play their second event of the fall season Sept. 17-18 at the Jaguar Intercollegiate held at the Azalea City Golf Club in Mobile, Ala.

The Bulls finished sixth in the field of 12 teams last season as former Bull Justin Fetcho (208) placed fourth in the event and current senior Tyler Hitchcock (211) was 10th overall. 

Mississippi State won the team event with a team score of 844, followed by Southeastern Louisiana (848) and host school South Alabama (854). Matt Fast (206) of Mississippi State took home medalist honors while Jeff Lanier (Belmont) and Brett Bergeron (SE Louisiana) tied for second at 207. 

An 8:30 a.m. shotgun will begin the first and second rounds on Monday. Tee times, which will begin at 8 a.m., for Tuesday’s final round will be set Monday night.

IconicU.gif

USF WOMEN'S GOLF

Bulls In Cardinal Cup Sept. 17-18

TAMPA, Fla. – The University of South Florida women’s golf team continues the fall season on Sept. 17-18 when the Bulls look to improve on last season’s 9th-place finish at the Napa River Grill Cardinal Classic held in Louisville, Ky. 

The host school, Louisville, won the team event last season at the Cardinal Classic, posting a 299. Augusta State took second at 294 and Maryland rounded out the top three at 311. Those three schools were also represented in the top three individual spots as Kelly Calkin (Maryland) earned medalist honors with her 1-over-par 217. Jenny Calkins (Louisville) was two strokes back and Emilie Geury (Augusta State) was third with a 220. 

The Bulls started the season at the Cougar Classic in Hanahan, S.C., Sept. 9-11, where senior Kylene Pulley led the Bulls to a 15-place tie after carding a 2-over-par 218. Senior Christina Jones and junior Gennifer Mendez were close behind with 228 and 232, respectively.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

I know the men's team is excited for their trip to Mobile. One of my students plays for the team, and I filled him in on some fun things around town -- I fell in love with that city when I was there for the GMAC bowl.

Plus I'm now dating the daughter of USF alums, one of whom played golf here, so I have incentive to root even further.

Archived