• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hold your head high in Auburn...(fun facts)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Fun facts:

-Auburn has been playing football since 1892 -- 64 years before USF existed and 105 years before USF had a football team!

-The last time Auburn won an AP-recognized National Championship was the year after USF was FOUNDED - USF didnt even start classes for another 3 years!

-Doesn't seem like Tuberville has been at Auburn that long -- but did you know he's been there 2 years LONGER than USF has even been in Division 1A

-Remember Auburn's 13-0 season? That was a YEAR BEFORE USF was even a BCS team.

And the best part:   All that history, tradition, and fan support wont mean jack for them when the teams line up on Saturday!

WE ARE USF!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

#2 is my favorite.    Gotta love the stats...  Good job Griggsy.

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

There's probably alot more that I could have listed, but reading over Auburn's wikipedia page, you see so many stats from the early 1900s that its overwhelming. After all, there's only so many ways you can say:

Auburn has been a legitimate football power for a CENTURY longer than we've even had a football team.

;)

Kudos to Leavitt, the players, and USF Athletics for making a 100 year leap in 10% of the time.

All this, and I keep thinking back to Woolard's statement from the 10 year DVD where he said he thinks we have more potential going forward than we've even realized to this point.

Archived