• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elon game a disappointment?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Disappointment?  Yes and no.

We won and looked more rusty than bad... That is the reason you schedule a team like Elon to open the season.  Shake off the rust, get the kids used to the game experience / length, try not to show too much for the real opponents and pray no one gets hurt.  The injury to Capogna hurts.  Loosing the center is a tough obstacle to overcome, but not the end of the world.  

What I am really disappointed in is the special teams play, especially the punting game.  Field position will be crucial next week.

The injury to Capogna hurts.  Loosing the center is a tough obstacle to overcome, but not the end of the world.    

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403

recap from all these topics

1) first game of the season, breaking off the rust

2) very conservative gameplan, not showing Auburn too much

Was it pretty? No

Was there mistakes? Yes

Did we win? Yes

Am I worried? No

Will we be ready? Only time will tell.

I BULL-IEVE

DO U?

I noticed that the gameplan was rather conservative but thats the problem, they were being conservative and still making mistakes. The fact that USF was throwing short to intermediate routes, and running the ball should have eliminated mistakes but despite that there were still countless mistakes. It was Elon's first game too, Elon had to shake off the rust and against probably the best team they'll face all year no less yet they were able to do it and played a tough game. Add in the fact that Elon is one of the weaker teams in their conference (albeit a good 1-AA conference) and I can't come out of this game without feeling worried.

I didn't record the game because I honestly did not know it was on TV. I heard later from my dad that catch 47 was showing it but I just assumed it was on some pay-per-view thing like all the Gators and Seminoles games against ***** teams are so therefore I don't have the opportunity to view it again. I almost wish I could right now because maybe i'd feel better.

It should be replayed on Catch 47 if it hasn't already.  I am recording it but forgot when.  Check it out, though.

This next week's game will be on ESPN 2 at 9pm, so record to 1am, heh.  Most of the games should be on TV this year, and that alone is very exciting.

• Content Count:  1,457

The 1st half penalties were a huge success.

Amari Jackson was a huge disappointment - 4 drops, 2 fumbles, and from a senior?  There could have been another 14 points there (I know he scored a touchdown but this senior is to jittery).

Lets get focused and better with Auburn

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I thought so. It was the first game I attended as a USF student, and I was amazed to see how undisciplined the team looked against an inferior football team. There were way too many penalties, and way too many fumbles. Amarri Jackson, a senior wide receiver who is in his third year as a starter looked like a backup on a youth JV team. Sure he had 4 receptions, but he dropped 4 others and was not running great routes. Than when I thought it couldn't get any worse for him he went and muffed a punt, not only that but he watched as it rolled on the ground and an Elon guy jumped on it. I mean it's one thing to muff a punt, but to just watch it roll on the ground like that. I bet while that was happening he was thinking "Oh poor me wahh" well instead of doing that he should have jumped on the **** football.

USF was honestly lucky that they were playing a different team from the Southern conference than Michigan was. To make things even worse the score could have been closer, USF forced a couple of red zone turnovers. Imagine if Elon got touchdowns on those 2 possesions or at least kicked field goals?

I will say right now that as bad as Auburn looked against Kansas State I don't think the Bulls have a chance in hell. Auburn is embarassed that they looked so vulnerable on national television against an inferior team and will be looking to rip the Bulls for shreds. The Bulls need to become way more disciplined this week if they want to have a chance because they wont get away with stupid penalties against Auburn. Auburn will make them pay if they rough the punter, or passer.

a typical leavitt coached team

Disappointment?  Yes and no.

We won and looked more rusty than bad... That is the reason you schedule a team like Elon to open the season.  Shake off the rust, get the kids used to the game experience / length, try not to show too much for the real opponents and pray no one gets hurt.  The injury to Capogna hurts.  Loosing the center is a tough obstacle to overcome, but not the end of the world.  

What I am really disappointed in is the special teams play, especially the punting game.  Field position will be crucial next week.

The injury to Capogna hurts.  Loosing the center is a tough obstacle to overcome, but not the end of the world.    

you gotta beat a team like elon 70-0

USF was one of the worst looking 1A teams this weekend in my opinion. Virginia and Arizona both looked really bad too but they were playing 1A programs from the Mountain West conference which is the nation's best non-BCS conference. USF was playing a middle of the road 1-AA program and honestly the game should have been over by halftime. Instead the game had just begun at halftime, even sadder is after the Bulls got a 28-6 lead instead of turning it into a rout they nearly let Elon make a comeback. Elon got a touchdown thanks to a USF turnover, then recovered an onside kick. I just don't get it.

I too felt this way walking out of the stadium on Saturday night, but after I watched the tape of the game (two times now), I feel alot better.  Most of our mistakes were mental errors (bonehead penalties, dropped passes), not to mention our O Line was working with a skeleton crew of sorts.  These things can be corrected.  The final score was 28-13, but could have just as easily been 45-3.  If you haven't watched a tape of the game, view it and it should change your opinion somewhat.

Same here when I walked out I said to my boy if we dont get better soon we are going to get our ass kicked next week. But I watched the game a few times and I see alot of good things and still some bad but that can be fixed. I still think we are going to win

GO BULLS

watching game once was enough for me

how many times can one watch elon???

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

watching game once was enough for me

how many times can one watch elon???

you gotta beat a team like elon 70-0

a typical leavitt coached team

*shakes head in disbelief*