• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

let's not forget Grothe...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

2 TD's    O  INT's  no fumbles

23-39

improvement.

accuracy a bit off, and no help from wr's. this will get better.

If ford cont and improves we will have one heck of a year.

go bulls!

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

It's kind of weird: During/after the game I thought "Hmm, Grothe wasn't all that impressive", but the postgame stats say otherwise. I think I (and many others) are displaying symptoms of "highlight video sickness". That's where  you get used to every play you see being 'highlight-esque', and then you feel let down on any play that doesn't fit into that category.

CANT WAIT till Saturday.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Thought the same thing, but his numbers were pretty good.  His few bad throws were really bad, but his TD tosses were things of beauty.  He had a solid game.

16 incompletes... some of them were drops - like the first play where Amarri dropped the WR screen because he was already looking where to run... but quite a few were a tad off - behind the receiver or a bit long...

Like he was shaking the rust off... could be the WRs were not running the routes correctly, and Grothe was adjusting  for that, too...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

I have no worries about Grothe.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Matt's also put on 20 lbs or so of muscle... I'd bet it takes some time to adjust to that new power during a game.

It's like driving an 8 cylinder and then upgrading to a V-10 Viper.  Takes some time to get used to the feel of the car.  =)

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am more worried about the receivers catching the ball.  There were a lot of drops.  That could have been attributed to soem early season jitters. 

I was thinking during the game that maybe Grothe was a little too jacked up for the first game and his throws were overthrown a bit.

The most imprtant thing I saw was that he was making good decisions.

We didn't execute well, but the mistakes were our own.  We were not outplayed and the errors were not forced.  That comes down to nerves and concentration.

Archived