• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UF games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UF is all about having 8 home games... they will have no probs replacing USF to get them...

I don't think that Florida has ever played 8 home games.

I think a lot of teams are trying to have 8 home games (heck Rutgers does this year).  With the addition of the 12th game, I understood that UF was trying to have 7 home games the years you played at Doak and 8 home games the years the Noles came to Gainesville.

No... the way it is set up right now:

Even seasons (2006, 2008, etc.):

4 Home SEC Games (UK, USC, LSU, one rotating Western Division Team)

3 Away SEC Games (Tennessee, Vanderbilt, one rotating Western Division Team)

1 Neutral SEC Game (Georgia in Jax)

3 Home OOC Games (2 teams to open the season, 1 team the week before FSU)

1 Away OOC Game (FSU)

Odd seasons (2007, 2009, etc.):

3 Home SEC Games (Tennessee, Vandy, one rotating Western Division Team)

4 Away SEC Games (LSU, USC, Kentucky, one rotating Western Division Team)

1 Neutral SEC Game (Georgia in Jax)

4 Home OOC Games (2 teams to open the season, 1 team the week before FSU, FSU)

The only current variations to that will be 2013 when Florida plays at Miami, when we'll probably drop to 6 home games to accommodate.

Marc, you got me.  I forgot the neutral site with Georgia. 

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

What's the chance of our 2 games in Gainesville changing to a 2 for 1?  I say we keep pushing their games back until they agree to come to Tampa.

I'd say zero chance of the current commitment changing to a 2 for 1. Down the road, who's to say. The big boosters won't be happy if we go on the road for anyone other than FSU, Miami, or another major opponent. If it were to happen, it would probably be a decade away... we are committed to FSU for at least that long and are going to play at Miami in 2012 or 2013 and have a neutral site game for Miami as well.

UF tried to do 7 when they played 11... 4 home 3 away, 1 neutral in sec... fsu back and forth.. and every one else at home... now that U have 12 U will try for 8.. though some years U may settle for 7...

• Content Count:  130

Marc, you got me.  I forgot the neutral site with Georgia. 

You wouldn't be the first. It's easy to forget that the Georgia game is in Jax when you are looking at the schedule.

• Content Count:  130

What's the chance of our 2 games in Gainesville changing to a 2 for 1?  I say we keep pushing their games back until they agree to come to Tampa.

I'd say zero chance of the current commitment changing to a 2 for 1. Down the road, who's to say. The big boosters won't be happy if we go on the road for anyone other than FSU, Miami, or another major opponent. If it were to happen, it would probably be a decade away... we are committed to FSU for at least that long and are going to play at Miami in 2012 or 2013 and have a neutral site game for Miami as well.

UF tried to do 7 when they played 11... 4 home 3 away, 1 neutral in sec... fsu back and forth.. and every one else at home... now that U have 12 U will try for 8.. though some years U may settle for 7...

No. When it was an 11 game schedule, we always had 6 home

Even years:

2 OOC Home Games

4 SEC Home

3 SEC Away

1 Neutral Site game (Georgia)

FSU Away

Odd years:

3 OOC Home Games (including FSU)

3 SEC Home

4 SEC Away

1 Neutral Site game (Georgia)

This isn't really a debate. You can easily go to cfbdatawarehouse.com and see Florida's past schedules. And you can easily look at 2002, 2003, 2006 to see what we've done with 12 game regular season schedules, and look at the entire decade of the 90s to see what we did with the 11 game regular season schedule.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/florida/index.php

Florida also has the 2007 and 2008 schedules up on their site.

http://gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

Archived