• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another ESPN poll with USF in it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Mark May probably looked up Grothe on Youtube and saw some clips from the Pitt game.

Great to hear the publicity.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home and watched this on the DVR...

That was awesome to see USF mentioned in such ways... and to see the USF logo prominently on their set...

Very cool...

I have to tell you - I've become a very big college football fan.  This show is like, well, the closest thing to crack you can get with a TV show.  Very glad ESPN decided to create this show...

And then... to see USF get SO MUCH COVERAGE the first month of the show... man. Simply amazing...

Proud to be a Bull, that's for sure.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Imagine the type of coverage the Bulls would get in beating Auburn.

This game is the BIGGEST in USF history, a win there would bring USF more attention than it has ever had, dont think JL doesnt know this. USF will be ready for this game.

• Content Count:  5,691

Yeah, i was pissed last week and was happy watching it today.

Glad to see us get mentioned a lot on the show.

Glad for the DVR

Would love to a USF fan on the video segment

• Content Count:  695

Hate to crash the party, but Iowa is the most likely team on that list to crash the BCS party. They don't have to play Ohio State or Michigan. They do have road games at Penn State and Wisconsin, however Wisconsin is overrated and I think Iowa can take them so if they go 11-1 with only a loss to Penn State how are they kept out of a BCS bowl even if they don't win the Big Ten title? I personally have Iowa going 10-2 though and missing out but i'm just saying out of those teams Iowa has the best chance. I'd say USF is easily second though out of those 5, and I voted for USF just because I am a fan. Ironically, Iowa is in last place out of those 5 teams I guess none of the voters have looked at their schedule.

Or maybe they realize they are going to lose in Madison and State College... And if they manage to go 11-1 with their schedule, they may not make it high enough for BCS consideration... it's a bit of a weak schedule, and that could be used against them.

Iowa might be a lock for the Capital One bowl, tho.

Or maybe they realize they are going to lose in Madison and State College... And if they manage to go 11-1 with their schedule, they may not make it high enough for BCS consideration... it's a bit of a weak schedule, and that could be used against them.

Iowa might be a lock for the Capital One bowl, tho.

You might be right, but I think 11-1 should get them in as a Big 10 team. I know that Wisconsin didn't make it last year and they actually played Michigan, but most of the time a team that loses just 1 conference game should finish at least second in the conference. If Iowa finished third in the conference, I doubt they make it because there isn't enough room in the BCS bowls for 3 teams from the same conference.

• Content Count:  1,812

Colby

You must see a much improved Iowa team; they needed 2ot to beat Syracuse last year and lost to Minnesota, Indiana, Nothwestern and Wisconsin among others. They played decent against Texas in the Alamo bowl but as I remember Texas was not happy to be there and played that way. They also play the teams I mentioned that they lost too and Michigan State on top of Penn State. I think they may even lose to either Syracuse or N. Illinois this year but that is a big maybe and I would not bet my house on it. I think they will finish in 4th or 5th place in the Big Ten.

Dominique Douglass had a huge breakout freshman season, and will be one of the Big Ten's top wideouts this season as a sophomore. Albert Young has had injury issues throughout his career, but if he remains healthy he is a high quality running back who can carry the load for them. I don't think Jake Christensen is that much of a downgrade from Drew Tate and Iowa's defensive front 7 is experienced and talented. Add in the fact that they don't play Michigan and Ohio State and I think at worst their 9-3, and at best they sneak into a BCS Bowl.

I don't think they will get into the BCS Bowl, I just think they have a better shot at USF. Iowa missing Ohio State and Michigan on their schedule is like USF getting their schedule without West Virginia or Louisville on it. If that happened, I bet everyone would be expecting a great and possibly undefeated season from the Bulls. USF is second on that list though, none of those other teams have a shot.

• Content Count:  1,812

Dominique Douglass had a huge breakout freshman season, and will be one of the Big Ten's top wideouts this season as a sophomore. Albert Young has had injury issues throughout his career, but if he remains healthy he is a high quality running back who can carry the load for them. I don't think Jake Christensen is that much of a downgrade from Drew Tate and Iowa's defensive front 7 is experienced and talented. Add in the fact that they don't play Michigan and Ohio State and I think at worst their 9-3, and at best they sneak into a BCS Bowl.

I don't think they will get into the BCS Bowl, I just think they have a better shot at USF. Iowa missing Ohio State and Michigan on their schedule is like USF getting their schedule without West Virginia or Louisville on it. If that happened, I bet everyone would be expecting a great and possibly undefeated season from the Bulls. USF is second on that list though, none of those other teams have a shot.

Good insight and by the way welcome to the board and USF. The thing with USF is that all they have to do is win the BE and they get UL and WVU at home; that is as good as it gets for their schedule. Just by sheer numbers any decent team in the BE has a better shot of going to the BCS than the Big Ten (11) the fact they play each other helps a ton as the control their own destiny. I am talking about an auto bid not a second team as that is way more complicated with the new formula including all the conferences and the fact that any number of other conferences can send 2 teams and Iowa can still finish second and have Ohio state win the conference and not make the title game and keep Iowa out of a bowl.

It is not unlikely that USF beats UL or WCU at home; they can still win the conference with one loss as long as every beats everyone as has happened in the past.

Archived