• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers says no single-game tickets available for public sale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=34&url_article_id=9398&change_well_id=2

PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - Suddenly it's cool to be a Rutgers football fan. So cool, in fact, that the athletic department announced Wednesday that there will be no single-game tickets available for public sale this season.

With Rutgers coming off its best season ever in 2006 - an 11-2 record and a bowl win over Kansas State - the demand for tickets at 41,500-seat Rutgers Stadium is such that there is now a waiting list of close to 6,000 season ticket requests, athletic director Robert Mulcahy said.

Single-game tickets will be offered only to individuals on that waiting list, Mulcahy said. The school said it will try to offer each person on the waiting list the opportunity to buy tickets to one game this season.

``There is a tremendous need for those who want to be part of Rutgers football this season,'' Mulcahy said. ``We understand we are not meeting the demand for tickets and hope to be able to accommodate Rutgers football fans in the near future.''

Undergraduate students at the main campus in New Brunswick/Piscataway will be eligible for student tickets this season and should receive information about them by mid-August, the school said.

Rutgers will have eight home games this season. The Scarlet Knights open at home against Buffalo on Aug. 30.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

That's alot of people jumping on the bandwagon.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I sure as heck hope that doesn't affect me.  I ordered my Rutger's tickets through USF a couple of weeks ago.  They took my credit card # and I was assured that I was good to go.

I am assuming that this post doesn't refer to those tickets which have been allotted to USF. 

Archived