• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rocky the Bull named senior VP at Northstar Bank

Drewski

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

Pretty funny article I just stumbled across. Congrats to a fellow alum!

http://banking.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?type_news=latest&newsid=127082

TAMPA – Michael M. Mashke has joined NorthStar Bank as senior vice president, senior loan officer and commercial banking manager.....

In addition to his banking background, Mashke has more than 22 years of experience as a sports mascot before “retiring†in 2006.  He earned a Super Bowl XXXVII ring in 2003 as the Tampa Bay Buccaneer’s mascot “Captain Fear,†and has also performed as “ThunderBug†for the Tampa Bay Lightning, “Storm Man†for the Tampa Bay Storm and “Rocky the Bull†for the University of South Florida. ......

Based in Tampa, Fla. and due to open in August 2007, NorthStar Bank will serve businesses, their owners, executives and employees, through relationship banking, sophisticated technology and a comprehensive set of banking products designed to span needs from personal accounts to advanced business needs.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

That's funny.  I often wondered how one would transition from a mascot to the business world...Rocky did pretty good.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I would imagine Mike checks in here every now and then...he's a true Bull and a good guy.  Mike...congrats.  I'd rather not use my real name but this is a banker friend (now former banker) of yours from Lakeland.  That should be enough...see you this season.

Archived