• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoyas AD Lang Retires

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Link:  Hoyas AD Lang Retires

Hoyas AD Lang Retires

POSTED: 7:00 pm EDT June 23, 2004

Washington, DC -- Joe Lang, who has been Georgetown's athletic director since 1995, announced his retirement on Wednesday.

Lang will leave the school effective July 1 and will be replaced by Adam Brick, who was the senior associate director of athletics. There will be a formal search for a permanent replacement beginning soon.

Lang, who had been with the University since 1972 when he started as an assistant track and field coach, will leave after 34 years of service.

In 1974 he became head coach of the track and field team and held the position until 1983. He then slowly worked his way up to become senior associate director for athletics before finally taking over the director's job in 1995.

"I appreciate the opportunity that Georgetown provided me to spend my career working to enhance the undergraduate experience of our student-athletes. The chance to work with an outstanding group of colleagues, students and alumni has been of the great blessings of my life," said Lang.

Georgetown has had much success under Lang as teams won 28 Big East regular season titles.

However, Lang came under fire when he was criticized by students and alumni a year ago when he stated that a yearly NCAA trip was an "unreasonable expectation" for Georgetown's basketball team. A team that despite its high- profile has struggled during recent years.

Copyright 2004 Courtesy of SportsNetwork.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

that is quick a week's notice

lrs gave more time

there must be something that is still under cover

this does not pass the smell test