• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Eye bar???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Thanks Gurlybull, that is the info that I was looking for. I remember hearing the radio ad about this place last Thursday, but I couldnt remember that correct name. Hopefully the place will make it when school starts back up. We all need to support as many businesses that promote USF. Go Bulls!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

For the record...its a pool hall/bar named Bulls Club.  It is in the complex next to the Bull Ring/ Toys R US complex.  The same one that has the massive rug and carpet place in it and usually has the fireworks tent around the holidays.  The guy is really awesome and Bulls Outfitter will be doing some stuff with him.  I am pretty sure it is now open although I have not had a chance to get in there.  Make sure you check it out...and GO BULLS!!         ;D

-Gurly

Gurly, you need to ask the guy why he went with blue and red on his sign colors instead of something a littl more closer to our colors since he seems to be somewhar targeting our fans. Also, he needs to get the "Bulls Club" name on the road sign to go along with "Billiards".

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

the food did suck, but they definitley had a track record of serving alcojol to minors

Any source to back this up ???

This has to be a UCF fan.  ;D

they seriously did. Several underage students told me they drink there!

• Content Count:  127

Whadda coincidence.  From today's Trib, a nice blurb about the Bulls Club.  No indication of any ties to USF, other than the name.  Still not clear if there's another place on Fowler called the "Bulls Eye", or if the name was just confused.

http://northeast2.tbo.com/content/2007/jul/14/ne-business-owner-gets-good-break/?news

Business Owner Gets Good Break

By LAURA KINSLER, The Tampa Tribune

Published: July 14, 2007

NORTH TAMPA - James Hahn always dreamed of opening his own billiards club.

He fell in love with the game as a child growing up in rural Georgia. Hahn chose Tampa for his first club.

Hahn is not a gambler by nature. He loves to shoot pool, but he never put money on the games. 'The loser had to do push-ups,' he said.

But he gambled on a space on Nebraska Avenue and splurged on 17 regulation-size tables. There was new equipment and cold beer. The only thing lacking was the customers.

The dream, he feared, was shattered.

'It went belly up,' he said.

Hahn was down, but he wasn't out. A move around the corner, to the former Service Merchandise store on Fowler Avenue, gave him a second chance.

'I found some partners who thought I had potential,' Hahn said. 'They were friends of the family who believed in me.'

Over the past six months, Hahn has transformed the empty space into the Bulls Club. The space was large enough to accommodate all the tables, plus a large bar, dance floor, game room and VIP room.

With the opening of the Bulls Club, the former shopping center - shut down in 2002 - is completely redeveloped.

Franz Gessner, an avid pool player, was one of the first customers. 'It looks pretty nice,' he said. 'It's a big club. It looks like it's going to do very well.'

IF YOU GO

WHAT: Bulls Club

WHERE: 1251 E. Fowler Ave.

WHEN: Open from 1 p.m. to 3 a.m. daily

HOW MUCH: $4 per hour to shoot pool; $1 draft beer

INFORMATION: Call (813) 975-0402.

Reporter Laura Kinsler can be reached at (813) 865-4844 or lkinsler@tampatrib.com.

• Content Count:  937

just got a flyer at my apartment about the place this morning.

Wednesday = Old School Night

Thursday = Ladies night free admission til 12

Friday = College night 1/2 admission with ID.

It was interesting that the cell contact is a 321 number, which is brevard county / melbourne. Represent.

Archived