• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible OG Matt Huners info!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Talked to brand new recruit Thomas Edenfield today at the University Mall. We talked about the upcoming season and I asked if he had decided about Red Shirting, and he said the coaches had not decided yet. Then my next question was about Matt Huners and Thomas said he spoke with Huners earlier in the morning. Matt Huners told him that his goal is to rejoin team by 3rd or 4th week of this season! I thought this was great news to hear, and please take this as unverified news and not 100% confirmed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Seems Huners is doing well then . . . glad he's getting stronger.

Did Edenfield mention about his healing ?

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Leavitt said Friday that Huners is doing very well, recovering ahead of schedule. Still a lot of rehab to go, but certainly sounds like the plan is to get him back as soon as possible and not take a medical redshirt ...

Edenfield did not mention anything about his healing. He appeared to be fine, and made it sound like he was ready to go play if his number is called!! FYI....he is pretty massive looking up close, i would be scared to play against him.

• Content Count:  10,219

great!

not cool to drop a guy's name then say he gave you "inside" info, others will be less willing to tell fans didley...just a thought.

I don't think there is any "Top Secret" news dropped in the conversation here  ;D Or maybe Leavitt will stop talking with Greg  ;)

IMG_4397.JPG

Get Well Soon !

• Content Count:  4,016

Edenfield did not mention anything about his healing. He appeared to be fine, and made it sound like he was ready to go play if his number is called!! FYI....he is pretty massive looking up close, i would be scared to play against him.

Edenfield is a real blue chip OL.  He's the prototypical left tackle you see getting drafted every year like Tony Boselli...an enormous kid, but not fat, just big everywhere.  Remember before he tore his ACL (and with today's medical marvels on ACL's, and for an OT tearing an ACL is not a career threatening injury anymore), he was a four star recruit (one area were considering him five star) and he had offers from virtually every SEC, and ACC team.   Everyone felt he was a heavy FSU lean, but FSU landed a couple of big tackles early and backed off.  I personally believe USF absolutely landed a steal in Edenfield, and that by his 2nd year he might be starting and will be drafted by his senior year.  He has that much talent.

Oh and great news about Huners.  You've always got to love squatty OL that are as smart as Huners.  He is a very smart kid, did extremely well in school and his brute strength, size, and athleticism to go with his intelligence is a nice combination to have on the field at OL.  What a nice surprise he's turned out to be.

And hearing great things about Walker at RT. Feel real good about our "Book-Ends" with he and Dile.

Edenfield could see time at Tackle against Elon and still be RS'd . . .

Would love to have Huners ready for WVU and our Conference Schedule. TailGated with his father at the Spring Game - Great Guy !

Go BULLS !!!

great!

not cool to drop a guy's name then say he gave you "inside" info, others will be less willing to tell fans didley...just a thought.

I can sort of see where you are coming from with that statement. But if he did not want me to know, or pass along that info then Edenfield probably wouldn't have said he knew anything about the situation. I'm sure he appreciated that I actually knew who he was, and that I wanted to ask him questions.

• Content Count:  7,890

Could matt get a med redshirt

Archived