• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This will make grown men cry....

Griggsy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't get it.  The guy can sing.  And...

I'm not ashamed to say I've been deeply moved by art(and music in particular) several times, but I'm trying to understand why what I watched was special in any meaningful way.  Is it because he's not eye candy, or an attention-w.hore, like every other person I've seen from American Idol?  What is it that has moved so many of you?

i was moved by the way the guy sang the song.  Not because he wasnt eye candy or for the fact he was a phone salesman.  It would havve given me goosebumps if i heard it on the radio.

You should listen to more opera music, then.  You seem to have quite a penchant for the style.

Why do YOU assume people were moved for other reasons?

I didn't think I was, I just wanted to know why it should move anyone but the judges to tears.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  0

Plain and simple...This guy has a amazing voice.  Heck I would have voted for him ;)

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Why was I so moved by the guy and his voice?  I can't give you an easy answer to that. 

I've never been a big opera buff.  However, this guy makes me want to listen more.  Is that enough of an answer?

I wouldn't put him up there with Pavarotti (no one has the range he does), but I would definitely match him up against Carrera or Domingo.  Just a very special person.

Archived