• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big Man Dilemma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

According to Greg's blog, Coach Heath is focused on Sean Carter and Magnum Rolle.  He probably likes Rolle better, but Rolle would have to sit out this coming year as a transfer.  I wonder if he has rejected the idea of signing both.  Carter could play this coming season, but as a true frosh would be of limited help.  Rolle could push Gransberry in practice, then take over his spot in 2008-9.  Carter would have a year's experience and be ready to do more that same season.  Just a thought.

The down side is that if Coach signs both, he would only have one 'ship for November's early signing period.  He would have to run somebody off to sign more than one this coming year.  At this point I would be happy with one or the other, but if these guys are really Big East caliber, why not go for both?

Normal

• Content Count:  10,219

pick one.

LSU the farm team of da bulls

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm with you Normal.

I don't know much about Sean Carter, but he's supposedly a strong player that could help right away with the depth problem at PF.

I do know about Rolle, and he is a tremendous potential player and of the two, i'd rather have him.

If you have a chance at Rolle, you take him, even if he sits.

If you can get Carter too, maybe you take him.... but that depends on what you want to do next year in recruiting.  Do you think you can get someone better with 2 schollies rather than Carter and 1 schollie.

?  I don't know the answer, but if we can get Rolle, get him!

• Content Count:  4,016

Remember we just signed a 6-9 225lbs PF, and providing Aris Williams can come back healthy, I'd almost feel better grabbing Rolle.  It could be a push and staff decides to go with what they got and go strong with three schollies next year.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

True... but that is a big question mark too with both of those players.

They do add depth (if Aris is healthy).

Rolle has too much potential not to take a shot at.  I wish I knew more about Sean Carter.  I thought he had already decided to go elsewhere, so I am a bit surprised to see him back as a possibility.

Guest BasketBull.

As much as I want us to get a full roster with these scholarships, I would have to say that I am happy with how Coach Heath is approaching things methodically. He's brought in players for visits and have offered only the ones that he really wants.

I'd rather have scholarships than guys on the bench who can't help the team...

Furthermore, I think the staff knows the importance of these remaining scholarships given the fact that we only have one graduating player next year. Picking up players in a hurry (the wrong players) and the next few years are set...

However it turns out with recruiting, next year is going to be rough --very rough with 18 Big East games.

Say, did we hire the assistant from Kentucky? There's been no press release from the official USF site.

Archived