• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kobe Bryant: Bring Jerry West back or Trade Me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Kobe Bryant isn't happy with the Lakers' direction and wants Jerry West back in Los Angeles to fix things.

Kobe Bryant

Bryant

Shooting Guard

Los Angeles Lakers

2007 Season Stats GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%

77 31.6 5.7 5.4 .463 .868

Bryant told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that he wants the Lakers to bring West back to the organization and give him full authority. If the Lakers don't want to do that, Bryant said he wants to be traded.

Bryant is frustrated that the team has not made any significant moves since it re-signed him.

"I want to see us get to a contending level," he told The Los Angeles Times. "I want to see us become a championship contender. It's been a frustrating process for me and I'm sure it's been a frustrating process for all Laker fans. I'm just hoping we can get to that level. I'm still frustrated. I'm waiting for them to make some changes."

Mitch Kupchak is the current Lakers general manager.

West, who spent five seasons in Memphis, will leave his post as the Grizzlies' director of basketball operations July 1 at the end of his contract. West helped build the Lakers' dynasty in the '80s and engineered their rebirth in the '90s, overseeing seven NBA championship teams -- including back-to-back champions in 1987-1988 and three consecutive crowns from 2000-2002.

In Memphis, West never had the advantages he enjoyed in the large market of Los Angeles, where he signed Shaquille O'Neal and traded Vlade Divac for Bryant.

Bryant averaged 31.6 points per game in 2007 as the Lakers qualified for the seventh seed in the Western Conference with a 42-40 record. Los Angeles lost in five games to the Suns, however, and the Lakers haven't won a championship since O'Neal was traded to the Heat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Yea kobe, lets give full authority to the man who is in charge of the worst team in the league.  maybe Jerry doesnt have it anymore.  

Lakers messed up by not getting Jason kidd this year.  

• Content Count:  549

Lakers messed up by keeping Kobe instead of Shaq.

• Content Count:  1,911

Kobe tells Stephen A Smith he would play on pluto over tthe lakers.  He wants out of the laker organization and i dont blame hiim.  They clearly are not committed to winning for some reason lately.  obvious when you start kwame brown and smush parker next to the best player in the world.  

potential places he can land reported.

new york knicks for a trade off of marburys contract and one of the knicks promising young guys and draft pick (s).

phoenix suns (very possible) for shawn marion or amare stoudemire, and Bo Diam with a draft pick this year and their 1st round picks from the Hawks next year.  imagine nash, kobe and stoudemire in the same 5. wow

chicago bulls - for a combo of their young players including tyrus thomas.  

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He said he didnt want to be traded yesterday while talking to Dan Patrick (post his comments to Stephen A Smith).  

Archived