• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ricky fails another drug test.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

hope he gets banned for life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

Updated: May 11, 2007, 11:02 AM ET

Docs recommend delay of Williams' NFL reinstatementBy Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams tested positive for marijuana in April and will not be allowed to apply for reinstatement to the NFL until September, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Williams

Williams was suspended last year for violation of the substance abuse policy and was eligible to be reinstated this month, but the league's medical advisors that oversee Williams' personal rehabilitation program recently notified commissioner Roger Goodell of the positive test, sources said.

The doctors also recommended that Williams not be allowed to apply for reinstatement until September, sources said. The commissioner usually adheres to the advice of the medical advisors under the substance abuse policy.

"Falling off the wagon is part of rehab," a source said. "Based on the medical evidence in Ricky's case, the doctors say it's too early to come back. He had the positive test last month. Remember, he's been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder -- that's a real disease and a good percentage of those folks self-medicate with substances like marijuana, often at the moment they are about to have a high level of social interaction."

League spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL would have no comment, as did Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene.

David Cornwell, an attorney who has represented Williams during his substance abuse cases, said he would honor the confidentiality policies in effect with another no comment.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Weed or millions of dollars?  millions of dollars or weed?  hmmmmmm

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think ricky's problem is that he already has millions of dollars, and that can buy him lots of weed.

what a waste.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

nfl teams still deal with this guy????

amazing

Archived